The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Need A Big Year From Pass-rusher Charles Harris

I need that as an avatar... for those days when optimism slips away lol
It's sometimes hard to stay optimistic around here but you seem to do a pretty good job of it. I spend most of my time having fun in the Lounge for that exact reason. On occasion, I pop over here for news and to keep up to speed with the team, I go there to hang out with a bunch of good guys that like to have fun, and we do have fun. Check it out sometime, always looking for new positive posters. No football or politics talk there, which equals no negativity or doom and gloom. Stop on by.

I'm not certain we disagree or not. Certainly you're not saying no player could improve with better coaching, right? If you disagree, with that, I disagree with you. If you agree with that, all everyone is saying is he could improve with better coaching. Not All-Pro - just improve.

I just dont see it. And I have been consistent on him from day 1.

Idk, is it the coaches fault or lack of ability the reason he is rag dolled by TEs?

I just dont see it. And I have been consistent on him from day 1.

the functional phrase in that question is "no player could improve with better coaching?" A) That's ANY player - not just harris. B) I'm not asking for All Pro or above average. Remember, the question is "no player could improve with better coaching?" I think Harris can improve with better technique and better scheme. How much better is a legitimate debate.

I'm not certain we disagree or not. Certainly you're not saying no player could improve with better coaching, right? If you disagree, with that, I disagree with you. If you agree with that, all everyone is saying is he could improve with better coaching. Not All-Pro - just improve.

Strawman

He's saying he's seen enough of Charles Harris to know what he is at this point.

Players improve with coaching all the time, but that has no bearing on whether Charles Harris will improve.

Maybe he does improve under Flores and the defensive coaches, but there's plenty of reason to doubt it.

Does anyone think if I played for the dolphins it would matter how good or bad the coach is?

Strawman

He's saying he's seen enough of Charles Harris to know what he is at this point.

Players improve with coaching all the time, but that has no bearing on whether Charles Harris will improve.

Maybe he does improve under Flores and the defensive coaches, but there's plenty of reason to doubt it.

You need to explain that. "You (he) are saying Harris can't improve with coaching although it happens "all the time?" He WILL improve if Flores and staff are better than Gase (a low bar). IMO, every player can improve with good coaching - no exceptions. How MUCH improvement is a reasonable debate. Correct technique and bad habits, better discipline in assignments. All of those, and others, will improve a player, yet, none, are improving talent.

You need to explain that. "You (he) are saying Harris can't improve with coaching although it happens "all the time?" He WILL improve if Flores and staff are better than Gase (a low bar). IMO, every player can improve with good coaching - no exceptions. How MUCH improvement is a reasonable debate. Correct technique and bad habits, better discipline in assignments. All of those, and others, will improve a player, yet, none, are improving talent.

Based upon what i've seen, Charles Harris is not a good player let alone first round talent. Even if Flores and staff prove to be better coaches, i do not expect to see much if any improvement in Harris.

That's my position and i think that is Dubz position too. I would love to be wrong, but i doubt it.

Based upon what i've seen, Charles Harris is not a good player let alone first round talent. Even if Flores and staff prove to be better coaches, i do not expect to see much if any improvement in Harris.

That's my position and i think that is Dubz position too. I would love to be wrong, but i doubt it.

I guess I have more faith in coaching. we'll see.

the functional phrase in that question is "no player could improve with better coaching?" A) That's ANY player - not just harris. B) I'm not asking for All Pro or above average. Remember, the question is "no player could improve with better coaching?" I think Harris can improve with better technique and better scheme. How much better is a legitimate debate.

Harris absolutely HAS TO improve with Flores & Co!

Hard to imagine he's not used more effectively and given the opportunity to make some plays.

Like you -- I am not anticipating ALL PRO but definitely "better."

>>> could be interesting...

Transitioning from being awful in a defense that suited him to one where he isn't a good fit ... let's just say hopes aren't high.

He is Michael Sam 2.0. No luggage and all the opportunity in the world. Even has his true believers on these boards, for no other reason than because he is a Phin.

Back
Top Bottom