***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Discuss the Heat and their victims on this thread all year......

Lets start with predictions....

Mine:

60-22 #1 seed in East....

Wins Eastern Conference after a tough series with Detroit (7 games)

As for the Finals......I think San Antonio might be better than the Heat...but I look for the Mavericks to be really good this year and upset the Spurs in the Playoffs....

Heat over Mavs in 6.

If the SPurs get in vs. the Heat....I say Heat or Spurs in 7....a tossup....

You guys are loaded this year with talent. I loved 'Toine during his time here, he really brings some energy to the court night in and night out. Although sometimes I found myself questioning his shot selection, but if he can control that, he's really a great addition to the Heat...

Best of luck Heat fans..

Go Celts!

i can't wait for tonights game - it'll be interesting to see how it all pieces together - however long it takes, the heat should have it all tuned up when it counts, come playoff time... :hump:

I hope J-dub fits in great. I think he'll play the best he ever has since he has Wade and Shaq.

The Heat are clearly the best or 2nd best team in the East. Should have no problem winning that division. Should make a run at the Finals. I do think the Spurs are still the team to beat though and I dont' think Miami would match up well with them in a 7 game series.

Is anyone else expecting maybe a slower start for the Heat out of the gates as the season starts?? that is alot of new players in one offseason, it should be very interesting to see how quickley they gel, but in the end IMO Heat take home the first championship for the franchise this year ;)

SuavePhin said:
Is anyone else expecting maybe a slower start for the Heat out of the gates as the season starts?? that is alot of new players in one offseason, it should be very interesting to see how quickley they gel, but in the end IMO Heat take home the first championship for the franchise this year ;)

You can't start judging these teams till January. The first 2 months are waste and pretty much glorified exhibition because of the player turnover.

SuavePhin said:

I'm expecting an average start to the season, maybe a little slow. I don't think the Heat will be playing to their full potential until sometime after the All-Star break.

Edit: Is it just me or does Gasol look like Frerotte with a beard?

MikeO said:
The Heat are clearly the best or 2nd best team in the East. Should have no problem winning that division. Should make a run at the Finals. I do think the Spurs are still the team to beat though and I dont' think Miami would match up well with them in a 7 game series.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.......

When you have Shaq and Wade you match up well against anybody.

Toine with 25 points and 16 boards.....Shaq played a relaxed game...Wade turned it on late for 23 points....Kapono looked good hitting open shots and hustling....J-Will managed the game well...Payton played great D......

19 point win to start the season......

BIG ONE next....The Pacers.

I followed the game online, good start for the Heat. Can't wait to see them nationally tomorrow :). Also a very impressive night for 'toine. 25 points 16 boards 4 assists of the bench? Can you say 6th man of the year?

HugeFinFan said:
I followed the game online, good start for the Heat. Can't wait to see them nationally tomorrow :). Also a very impressive night for 'toine. 25 points 16 boards 4 assists of the bench? Can you say 6th man of the year?

Toine started today cause Posey is still hurt. Still a very impressive performance. I don't think last years team would have won this game, thats why Riley made these moves, if someone has an off game or is hurt, we have enough firepower to pick up the slack. Very promising start to the season.

Oh yeah, good point about Posey. Do you know how long he's hurt for? Shouldn't be too long cause I think he just sprained a finger. Riley is the man, and i'm fully confident the moves he made make the heat a better team. The best thing I think is that we have other players who can score when Wade and Shaq are having an "off" night. This will make us fresher coming into the playoffs and more dangerous with scoring coming from everywhere.

GO HEAT!!

The only problem i forsee in Miami is team chemistry, but i have a feeling Pat Riley is going to come in sometime during the season. Oust Van Gundy from the job finding some way, and lead the Heat to the finals with relative ease. Can they beat the Spurs though? I think that would be very interesting to see....I picked Miami to win it all however. Aren't i bold :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom