The Minka trade from the other side | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Minka trade from the other side

Even though the MF was my 1B safety for that draft, I wish they would have picked Derwin James.

Having said that, the MF is still an excellent player. Whether he trends up or down is on him completely.

Being my boss is a Steelers fan, you know which way I would like the MF to go... ?

LOL at the comments section. Reads like a game prediction thread here filed with homerism.

His bitching and such aside, Minka did absolutely nothing in his time with us. Regardless of the position he played, He was on the field a lot. Last year his turnovers they always tout came in bunches and other than that he was JAG.

I think Minkah will always be starter material, but I don't see perennial all pro/OMFGzer he is the bestest evar!! in his future.

He has played 100% of their defensive snaps (including this season) with 0 forced turnovers since week 9 of 2019. He had a great 4 game stretch right after we traded him and kind of disappeared the last half of the season. IMO it was a decent trade for both teams because they got a starting FS and we got a starting LT.

Even though the MF was my 1B safety for that draft, I wish they would have picked Derwin James.

Having said that, the MF is still an excellent player. Whether he trends up or down is on him completely.

Being my boss is a Steelers fan, you know which way I would like the MF to go... ?

I liked James as well. I even mocked him to us almost exclusively as I figured MF would be gone. Sucks that he is set to miss at least 27 regular season games between starts. Gonna be a tough recovery for a young player.

He has played 100% of their defensive snaps (including this season) with 0 forced turnovers since week 9 of 2019. He had a great 4 game stretch right after we traded him and kind of disappeared the last half of the season. IMO it was a decent trade for both teams because they got a starting FS and we got a starting LT.
But Starting LT are infinitely more valuable than starting FS.

But Starting LT are infinitely more valuable than starting FS.

An interesting stance, considering Miami pretty much got Austin Jackson for Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Igbonoghine plus a 2021 first and second rounder for Tunsil.

Really wanted James also, he has unfortunately hit the injury bug, shame.

I liked Minkah coming out, I wanted to draft him pretty badly. The need for our team has been there since the mirage that was IAQ. The kid was a standout from the day he set foot on the field in Tuscaloosa. I never would've considered trading him after his rookie year, which he played out of position, but....

Then the Tunsil/Stills trade happened and it became obvious we were heading in different direction. To get a 1st round pick from a team that just lost their starting QB for the season? No brainer, especially when compounded by the fact that he didn't want to be here. Bye.

I said it last year, a lot of his turnovers were more "Johnny on the spot" plays. I saw him make a pick and a FR I believe immediately after Devin Bush made a highlight reel worthy play.

Would I have a problem with Minkah Fitzpatrick being my starting FS? Absolutely not.

Would I trade him for Austin Jackson? ABSOLUTELY F'GGIN NOT.

Somebody in the FO really knows what they are doing because I'm so pumped for this future. 2021 draft is going to be very fun.

Last edited:
I like Minkah.

I was happy when we drafted him.

I was disappointed when he was traded.

That being said, much of his play last year was blown way out of proportion (I watched all his games), and I knew it was in no way sustainable.

I was disappointed at the posters here claiming we had traded away the greatest safety since sliced bread, a perennial all-pro, future hall of famer, based on that stretch of games.

Back
Top Bottom