the more i think about it.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the more i think about it..

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
the more i think about it i think mallett should be our pick. ive bashed him and dont like that he comes off ****y. but guess what he is the best pure passer coming out. i will probly get killed for this but he reminds me of a certain qb that was the best pure passer of all time danny boy. the reason he reminds me is that they both had alot of doubts coming into the draft, thier passing ability cant be matched, and mallett moves around the pocket fairly well, and they both have that ill kick your *** mentality. which is something we've been missing. is he a true leader? that is yet to be seen.
we dont need to qb on 3rd and 6 to make one read and think i need to make the first with my legs (even though that is nice to have sometimes). we need a guy that is going to sling the ball around, and that can put it in tight places.
but i do worry about how he can get sloppy time to time when the game is on the line.
over all i think we should grab him if we have the chance at 15, but im starting to think he may actually go to the titans, or washington, heck maybe even az who knows.

Yeah, I have found myself leaning that way the closer it gets to draft time. He scares the hell out of me because he could be a huge bust, but he could also be the Qb we have been looking for ever since Dan retired. In the end, they are all a crapshoot, and the one thing I do not want to end up with is a Qb with an average arm. Sometimes the best thing to do is throw the ball long and let your recievers make a play on it. The dink-and-dunk offense just wont cut it.

I think ultimately I will be happy with whomever we select as long as it isn't another out-of-left-field Jamar Fletcher selection. I still throw up a little in my mouth every time I remember that moment....

Back
Top Bottom