The more I think about it.....

Noodleman

Starter
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
709
Reaction score
0
Age
48
the more I think the Fins should take Alex Smith. I am not a scout, but with the signing bonus a number 2 pick is going to command, I think you should draft a QB over a running back. While I really like Brown, Benson, and Williams there are alot of other good backs that could be had in the later rounds(Think Julius Jones,IMO the best back in last years draft). When you look at the qbs there are interesting guys later, but Smith and Rodgers are in a class by themselves over the other qbs. In recap, I believe it is much harder to find a good QB than it is to find a good running back. At worse, we are in the same dilemma the chargers are in now. Not a bad situation, if Feeley does well then we trade him or Smith for a high draft choice next year.
 

mor911

I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
9,349
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Location
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
I think having a good RB allows you to have a screw-up prone QB and get away with it... You heard of a guy named Tom Brady and Corey Dillon?
 

Phinsfan1980

Second String
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
1,803
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Iowa
mor911 said:
I think having a good RB allows you to have a screw-up prone QB and get away with it... You heard of a guy named Tom Brady and Corey Dillon?
Brady doesn't screw up much. He rarely forces passes. except against the Dolphins on Monday night
 

mor911

I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
9,349
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Location
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Phinsfan1980 said:
Brady doesn't screw up much. He rarely forces passes. except against the Dolphins on Monday night
I know, I was just looking for a chance to take a shot at him... But Brady isn't Joe Mantana like ESPN like to compare him to.
 

Noodleman

Starter
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
709
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Brady

Brady and the Pats won a super bowl with Antowain Smith. The most important position on the field is a QB. I am not saying that Feeley is not going to be good, but when is the next time we will have an opportunity to get the top qb in a draft?(hopefully not for a long time):)
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,106
Reaction score
20
Age
30
Location
East Berlin, PA
Noodleman said:
the more I think the Fins should take Alex Smith. I am not a scout, but with the signing bonus a number 2 pick is going to command, I think you should draft a QB over a running back. While I really like Brown, Benson, and Williams there are alot of other good backs that could be had in the later rounds(Think Julius Jones,IMO the best back in last years draft). When you look at the qbs there are interesting guys later, but Smith and Rodgers are in a class by themselves over the other qbs. In recap, I believe it is much harder to find a good QB than it is to find a good running back. At worse, we are in the same dilemma the chargers are in now. Not a bad situation, if Feeley does well then we trade him or Smith for a high draft choice next year.
lol julius is good but Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones were better
 

Marino2234

Dan the Man
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
NJ
Yea, im a huge Ronnie fan, but the more i think about it i think taking Alex Smith is the right choice. I mean hopeully we will not be in the top 5 for a while and although he is not a cant miss prospect, i think he is very very good, and with his smarts/agiltiy/arm i think he will be a great QB for whoever selects him,

now if we take ronnie i wont be that bad either
 

Noodleman

Starter
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
709
Reaction score
0
Age
48
I don't mind Brown......

but I think we get better value by taking a qb, the drop off between Brown and others is less than the drop between Smith and other qbs. That being said I would be happy if we took Brown just no more Bosa's or Kumerows please
 

DallasDolfan

Active Roster
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
697
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, Tx
Buddwalk said:
lol julius is good but Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones were better
Julius will end up being the better of the three...and I believe by far. Better moves...more elusive.
 

ether79

Down but not out!
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
3,912
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Terre Haute, IN
Buddwalk said:
lol julius is good but Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones were better
When Julius played he was better than those 2 last year, in the end i dont know who will be the best out of those three though.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
mor911 said:
I know, I was just looking for a chance to take a shot at him... But Brady isn't Joe Mantana like ESPN like to compare him to.

Brady isnt up there with the all time greats but he is a terrific player. Cant deny that.

That said, he is still a :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:
 

BassFin

Starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
674
Reaction score
2
Location
Orlando
Question is, do you take Smith because he's the best (or next best) QB in a weak QB class? Or do you take a stud RB in a strong RB class?

I think too many people get enamored with QBs with those top picks. Just because you take a QB with the #2 pick doesn't mean he's the 2nd best player in the draft.

I think Brown, C. Williams, Besnon, M. Williams, and B. Edwards are all better players at their respective positions than Alex Smith is at his.
 
Top Bottom