The more mocks I do the more I realize.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The more mocks I do the more I realize..

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
We have to spend some money on a legit FA WR. This WR class is very top heavy. Once you get to pick 18 the really good ones are gone. Are you going to take Bateman or Olave at 18? I’d rather not.

Allen Robinson, Chris Godwin, and Curtis Samuel are all guys that I would put in bids on. We can’t be handcuffed into taking a WR at #3.

We have to spend some money on a legit FA WR. This WR class is very top heavy. Once you get to pick 18 the really good ones are gone. Are you going to take Bateman or Olave at 18? I’d rather not.

Allen Robinson, Chris Godwin, and Curtis Samuel are all guys that I would put in bids on. We can’t be handcuffed into taking a WR at #3.
I would love to have Robinson, if he fits our offense... whatever that is.

We could move up with our 18th pick, maybe Waddle could be in reach, he's often projected to be 10-15. He is the biggest downfield threat of all the WR's

OR trade pick #18/#36 for a bonafide WR - Chark and Ridley come to mind.

The Fins should be able to trade down from #3(unless they just can't pass on Sewell)and take Chase or Smith in a more reasonable slot.

Or trade up from #18 to grab Waddle.

Or maybe they really like some of the guys who are not one of those three.

I agree about adding a FA WR but the history of paying big bucks for WR's is almost universally terrible.

The big names will be too expensive to make any sense at all.

If they can add a top WR like Chase/Smith to what they have now(and those guys can stay healthy)they should have a pretty good group.

I would not be averse to doubling down in the Draft and taking two WR's, possibly in the 1st 3 rounds.

I want to add WR/RB/OT to the offense and LB to the Defense. After that you have some flexibility to look beyond obvious needs.

I am not saying that they must address their biggest needs with their earliest picks as that is usually the road to reaching for guys but in this Draft their obvious needs look to match up well with their draft position.

And that does not include potential extra picks should they trade down from #3.

Although my main goal in trading down from #3 would be acquiring a '22 1st rounder.

Set your team up in free agency so that you can be flexible in the draft. Trading down is what most of us want at #3, but we may not receive a fair offer. If no trade down I want to be able to take bpa @ #3. I don’t want to have to reach for WRs.

Me too,I have always liked Robinson. But even then i would be very worried about paying that much money for a FA WR.

History says to avoid expensive FA WR's.

And land wars in Asia.
Carson, at the right price, is another player I'd love to add.

That said, I expect Miami to approach free agency much different than last year. We may see some mid-level signings, but doubt the Dolphins spend big.

my latest mock results. 2 rounds.

team logo

• MIA

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

• MIA

Travis Etienne
    RB Clemson
    trade icon
  • MIA

Levi Onwuzurike
    DT Washington

• MIA

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida
    trade icon
  • MIA

Rondale Moore
    WR Purdue

• 2022 NE 1st
  • 2022 TB 1st

I agree we need to spend on a FA WR but I disagree completely that after the big 3 WR in the draft that none of the rest aren't very good players. In round 2 alone guys like Terrance Marshall RonDale Moore and Amon-Ra St Brown are more than capable of being the best WR out of this class. In fact I said in another thread I absolutely love Terrance Marshall and think he very well could end up the best WR out of this draft. Marshall is biggest of all of them just about bc he goes 6'3/6'4 and can absolutely get up and go. This draft has a ton of small 5'10/5'11 and middling 6'0/6'1 WRs that rely on speed or route running to win. But Terrance Marshall is huge and lanky and can absolutely run. I'd love him at #36 but I think he will actually slide in to the back end of round 1 somewhere like possibly GB.

I 100% agree, as I have come to the same conclusion. FA will help our cause and make things easier during the draft for us.

Back
Top Bottom