The more mocks I do the more I realize.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The more mocks I do the more I realize..

The more mocks I do, gets me to realize if the Jets do not take a QB at number two, our teams pick becomes VERY valuable for a team wanting to come up and pick a quarterback.
Even if NYJ take a quarterback, I think there are three that teams will trade up for. It's a valuable pick.

I agree we need to spend on a FA WR but I disagree completely that after the big 3 WR in the draft that none of the rest aren't very good players. In round 2 alone guys like Terrance Marshall RonDale Moore and Amon-Ra St Brown are more than capable of being the best WR out of this class. In fact I said in another thread I absolutely love Terrance Marshall and think he very well could end up the best WR out of this draft. Marshall is biggest of all of them just about bc he goes 6'3/6'4 and can absolutely get up and go. This draft has a ton of small 5'10/5'11 and middling 6'0/6'1 WRs that rely on speed or route running to win. But Terrance Marshall is huge and lanky and can absolutely run. I'd love him at #36 but I think he will actually slide in to the back end of round 1 somewhere like possibly GB.
I love Marshall. I think he's a better prospect than Parker coming out. Similar players. I like him better than Bateman as well.

I do think Marshall goes round 1.

Schuster or Fuller? Sewell at #3 is My Wish. At 18...Smith will be gone along with Chase, and most likely Pitts. Waddle could maybe slide to 18. I also really like Moore and Bateman, but doubt very seriously that the ‘Fins Brass would use 18 on anything outside of Smith or Chase, especially if Harris and or Etienne is there. Exciting Draft Upcoming Though....Lots of Fun Playing With It.

I'm not as concerned actually, think there may be some real good options that will complement a Smith, Chase or Waddle, in rounds 2 and 3. Players like Toney, St Brown, Olave, Mashall and Moore

Don’t most teams carry 5 WRs? I think the Fins will carry 6 next year just because you can’t count on Preston Williams at this point, but he’s too good to give up on. Need to sign a WR in FA so you aren’t drafting one out of need:

Parker
Preston
Bowden
Hurns (no real savings by cutting him, but could be a casualty for a roster spot)
FA WR
Draft WR

I think it'd be wise, but I'd sub Fuller for Samuel on your list.

Terrace Marshall and Elijah Moore are the two WR's I really like after Smith, Chase, and Waddle.
I’m on board with you there. So many of my PFN mocks I pass the time with had those 2 plus Devonta. Ive liked Moore since HS when I saw him make guys look foolish at camps.

We have to spend some money on a legit FA WR. This WR class is very top heavy. Once you get to pick 18 the really good ones are gone. Are you going to take Bateman or Olave at 18? I’d rather not.

Allen Robinson, Chris Godwin, and Curtis Samuel are all guys that I would put in bids on. We can’t be handcuffed into taking a WR at #3.

I think it boils down to deciding pre draft if we want Sewell \ Parsons.

I'm worried we might not have the cap space to spend $20m on Robinson though but I'd love to get him.

Although my main goal in trading down from #3 would be acquiring a '22 1st rounder.
Agreed. We've got to keep this going with the flexibility. Once it's gone it's gone. Instead of juggling you have to surrender something.
I would try to trade with a team that overachieved this season, like we did. Won 3+ games from the season prior. That team is a candidate to regress but won't understand that and overvalue its likely draft slot next season.

Regarding receivers I think it's a deeper crop than suggested. That competitiveness aspect always enables lower rated receivers to boom while prima donna guys flop. I remember Howard Twilley an instant scrappy hit from a late round one year then years later our top pick Otto Stowe didn't like to mix it up. That formula hasn't changed much at wide receiver in 50 years.

We have to spend some money on a legit FA WR. This WR class is very top heavy. Once you get to pick 18 the really good ones are gone.

I’ve been trying to tell the “anti-receiver in the first round” crowd that for quite a while.

It’s very possible that Smith and Chase are both gone by 10. And also possible Pitts (a TE, but still a “receiver”) joins them in the top 10.

Depending upon how Waddle looks in the title game, he could end up going higher than many expected too. I agree that it’s very possible that Smith, Chase, Pitts and Waddle are all off the board by the time MIA drafts at 18.

I’ve been trying to tell the “anti-receiver in the first round” crowd that for quite a while.

It’s very possible that Smith and Chase are both gone by 10. And also possible Pitts (a TE, but still a “receiver”) joins them in the top 10.

Depending upon how Waddle looks in the title game, he could end up going higher than many expected too. I agree that it’s very possible that Smith, Chase, Pitts and Waddle are all off the board by the time MIA drafts at 18.
I don't think any of those players make it to #18. Moore, Marshall, Bateman and St. Brown will probably be there.

pfn-logo-hero

MOCK DRAFT SIMULATOR​

team logo

• MIA

DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • MIA

Najee Harris
    RB Alabama
    trade icon
  • MIA

Jalen Mayfield
    OT Michigan

• MIA

Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pitt
    trade icon
  • MIA

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

• MIA

Kyle Trask
    QB Florida

• MIA

Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State
    trade icon
  • MIA

Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

• MIA

Alaric Jackson
    OT Iowa

• MIA

Paris Ford
    S Pitt

• 2022 DEN 2nd
  • 2022 IND 2nd

I don't think any of those players make it to #18. Moore, Marshall, Bateman and St. Brown will probably be there.

While I like some of those names, I don’t believe they have the same potential to become a Devante Adams or Tyreke Hill type impact receiver. Smith, Chase and Waddle may not ascend to that level either, but they’ve got the best chances at it IMO. And that’s why I want the Dolphins to get one of them.

Of those 2nd tier guys, St. Brown has me the most intrigued. Moore is fast and elusive, but I don’t see a #1 option there.

While I like some of those names, I don’t believe they have the same potential to become a Devante Adams or Tyreke Hill type impact receiver. Smith, Chase and Waddle may not ascend to that level either, but they’ve got the best chances at it IMO. And that’s why I want the Dolphins to get one of them.

Of those 2nd tier guys, St. Brown has me the most intrigued. Moore is fast and elusive, but I don’t see a #1 option there.
I do think there is a drop after those top three. It will be interesting to see if Miami trades back up. That's another option.

Of course, the new rumors about Watson bear watching as well.

Back
Top Bottom