The Most Confusing Draft Ever | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Confusing Draft Ever

Justasportsfan said:
haha! That's where you base his being injury prone? Ahhh nevermind. Just research for yourself about WM's injury and you'll learn more about it.
Im sure you know more about it than me but he did more then simply snap his leg......he tore ligaments too. Wasnt simply just a bad break.

Boomer said:
I am utterly confused by this draft. I look at doing mocks but then rip it up at pick 1. On the one hand I'm told Alex Smith is the 49ers guy, then Aaron Rodgers gets a glowing report from Mike Nolan. The whole world has us taking Ronnie Brown, but never in the world has Linehan ever run a ball control offense. That's not his style. Thus it makes Edwards, Carnell Williams and Mike Williams more likely, no? I don't know.

At three, will Cleveland go corner, will they go QB, WR? Who knows? Chicago....WR or RB? Tampa could go WR or TB and it has the hometown boy in Mike Williams potentially there. But it might be Caddy but not Benson and then Gruden comes out and says he has a decision to make if Alex Smith is there at 5 and there are Chris Simms trade rumours that just won't die, especially to Cleveland. Then Tennessee needs a WR and Mike Williams might be there especially considering Norm Chow but then Floyd Reese and Jeff Fisher come out and say that the T situation is so bad that they don't want to play Brad Hopkins a $6 million bonus and they hoped Jacob Bell could play RT, but are not sure and they talk up Barron and talk about shifting down and getting him or Barnes.

And then there's the Vikings who would take either Edwards or Williams but who are considering Troy Williamson. Then Arizona. Will they deal for Travis Henry? Will they take Benson? Will they try and get into the QB derby? Do they think that 1 QB will fall this far? In a great year for corners, do they wait to the 2nd and get a guy who would be a 1st in other years - Marlin Jackson, Stanley Wilson maybe, Corey Webster, Eric Green, Bryant McFadden, etc? Or do they go CB at 8?

The Redskins? CB, WR, LB? Who the hell knows.

Detroit? Shawne Merriman or Thomas Davis? But then Davis is high at 10. Then you hear that the Lions won't let David Pollack go past that pick no matter what. Pollock is on the rise, but would the Lions get him at 10 or try an shift? And Dallas at 11. Best CB? Merriman would seem the perfect fit, Williamson? Will they get into the QB derby?????

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH.

The worst thing is....I don't think ANYONE actually knows. SERIOUSLY. The draft isn't top heavy and you could get players going off the board in odd spots with lots of trades in the 7-25 area.

It's utterly frustrating.

I think Ronnie Brown's ability to be a receiver and a blocker in the backfield makes him a great fit for Linehan's offense. Of the running backs, Ronnie is the only one that you can split out wide and line up in the slot as a receiver. Hell, he may have better hands and overall receiving skills than Braylon Edwards.

KB21 said:
I think Ronnie Brown's ability to be a receiver and a blocker in the backfield makes him a great fit for Linehan's offense. Of the running backs, Ronnie is the only one that you can split out wide and line up in the slot as a receiver. Hell, he may have better hands and overall receiving skills than Braylon Edwards.

Ronnie runs to tall at times though. Something that really bothers me.

Hostile7 said:
Ronnie runs to tall at times though. Something that really bothers me.

I've never seen him run tall, and I've watched him for four years.

Back
Top Bottom