The Most Confusing Draft Ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Confusing Draft Ever

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I am utterly confused by this draft. I look at doing mocks but then rip it up at pick 1. On the one hand I'm told Alex Smith is the 49ers guy, then Aaron Rodgers gets a glowing report from Mike Nolan. The whole world has us taking Ronnie Brown, but never in the world has Linehan ever run a ball control offense. That's not his style. Thus it makes Edwards, Carnell Williams and Mike Williams more likely, no? I don't know.

At three, will Cleveland go corner, will they go QB, WR? Who knows? Chicago....WR or RB? Tampa could go WR or TB and it has the hometown boy in Mike Williams potentially there. But it might be Caddy but not Benson and then Gruden comes out and says he has a decision to make if Alex Smith is there at 5 and there are Chris Simms trade rumours that just won't die, especially to Cleveland. Then Tennessee needs a WR and Mike Williams might be there especially considering Norm Chow but then Floyd Reese and Jeff Fisher come out and say that the T situation is so bad that they don't want to play Brad Hopkins a $6 million bonus and they hoped Jacob Bell could play RT, but are not sure and they talk up Barron and talk about shifting down and getting him or Barnes.

And then there's the Vikings who would take either Edwards or Williams but who are considering Troy Williamson. Then Arizona. Will they deal for Travis Henry? Will they take Benson? Will they try and get into the QB derby? Do they think that 1 QB will fall this far? In a great year for corners, do they wait to the 2nd and get a guy who would be a 1st in other years - Marlin Jackson, Stanley Wilson maybe, Corey Webster, Eric Green, Bryant McFadden, etc? Or do they go CB at 8?

The Redskins? CB, WR, LB? Who the hell knows.

Detroit? Shawne Merriman or Thomas Davis? But then Davis is high at 10. Then you hear that the Lions won't let David Pollack go past that pick no matter what. Pollock is on the rise, but would the Lions get him at 10 or try an shift? And Dallas at 11. Best CB? Merriman would seem the perfect fit, Williamson? Will they get into the QB derby?????

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH.

The worst thing is....I don't think ANYONE actually knows. SERIOUSLY. The draft isn't top heavy and you could get players going off the board in odd spots with lots of trades in the 7-25 area.

It's utterly frustrating.

...yet someone yesterday posted saying that the top 20 was predictable and lambasted me when I suggested otherwise.

I tell you what though, it makes for an interesting draft day... normally you get a few suprises and the suprise trades... but this is one big suprise.

It's the most unpredictable top 20 I have known for ages. There are SO MANY players that could get in. Look at a guy like Demarcus Ware - he could easily go top 15. He could also easily go 32. That's a huge swing. Marcus Johnson. Could go 20, could go 45. Roddy White. Could go 50, could go 25.

I've also heard Tampa would jump on Smith if he fell to them.

People say its a boring draft, I think it will be fun to watch!

I agree this draft is unpredictable, usually everyone knows who the first pick in the draft will be, but not this year. In less than a month all questions will be answered. I can't wait..bring it on!!!

I know a certain family that lives a few blocks from me, that have a (brother/son) playing for a certain team, that are not very happy about all the QB's this coach keeps adding, and now with the talk about Smith if he falls, will be looking to get out!!!

Yeah i cant wait too. Even when i cant watch Games live here :cry: i at last hope they show the draft in net as they did with combine. Very hard to say who will go where. Easily it could be that there is no QB pickd before #5 or even #10.....

AustroFin said:
Yeah i cant wait too. Even when i cant watch Games live here :cry: i at last hope they show the draft in net as they did with combine. Very hard to say who will go where. Easily it could be that there is no QB pickd before #5 or even #10.....

No directv?

Boomer said:
I am utterly confused by this draft. I look at doing mocks but then rip it up at pick 1. On the one hand I'm told Alex Smith is the 49ers guy, then Aaron Rodgers gets a glowing report from Mike Nolan. The whole world has us taking Ronnie Brown, but never in the world has Linehan ever run a ball control offense. That's not his style. Thus it makes Edwards, Carnell Williams and Mike Williams more likely, no? I don't know.

At three, will Cleveland go corner, will they go QB, WR? Who knows? Chicago....WR or RB? Tampa could go WR or TB and it has the hometown boy in Mike Williams potentially there. But it might be Caddy but not Benson and then Gruden comes out and says he has a decision to make if Alex Smith is there at 5 and there are Chris Simms trade rumours that just won't die, especially to Cleveland. Then Tennessee needs a WR and Mike Williams might be there especially considering Norm Chow but then Floyd Reese and Jeff Fisher come out and say that the T situation is so bad that they don't want to play Brad Hopkins a $6 million bonus and they hoped Jacob Bell could play RT, but are not sure and they talk up Barron and talk about shifting down and getting him or Barnes.

And then there's the Vikings who would take either Edwards or Williams but who are considering Troy Williamson. Then Arizona. Will they deal for Travis Henry? Will they take Benson? Will they try and get into the QB derby? Do they think that 1 QB will fall this far? In a great year for corners, do they wait to the 2nd and get a guy who would be a 1st in other years - Marlin Jackson, Stanley Wilson maybe, Corey Webster, Eric Green, Bryant McFadden, etc? Or do they go CB at 8?

Detroit? Shawne Merriman or Thomas Davis? But then Davis is high at 10. Then you hear that the Lions won't let David Pollack go past that pick no matter what. Pollock is on the rise, but would the Lions get him at 10 or try an shift? And Dallas at 11. Best CB? Merriman would seem the perfect fit, Williamson? Will they get into the QB derby?????

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH.

The worst thing is....I don't think ANYONE actually knows. SERIOUSLY. The draft isn't top heavy and you could get players going off the board in odd spots with lots of trades in the 7-25 area.

What makes it so unpredictable is that teams have finally learned that it serves no purpose to tip their hand about what they want, or who they are really high on.

Even for a San Francisco, although they have the outright first choice and no one can take it away from them, its only smart to play it coy about who they like because someone might offer them a boatload to move down.

AustroFin said:

I don't see that at all. I expect the two QBs to be gone by pick #3. At the latest #5.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I know a certain family that lives a few blocks from me, that have a (brother/son) playing for a certain team, that are not very happy about all the QB's this coach keeps adding, and now with the talk about Smith if he falls, will be looking to get out!!!

the bucs?

bakedmatt said:
the bucs?

2 trades to watch for on the night before the draft - Travis Henry to Arizona and Chris Simms to Cleveland.

Boomer said:

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH.

Thank god I only worry about our team and their needs. But, I get what you are saying Boomer.

Noodle Arm said:
I agree this draft is unpredictable, usually everyone knows who the first pick in the draft will be, but not this year. In less than a month all questions will be answered. I can't wait..bring it on!!!

Hasn't San Fran stated they want there 1st pick signed before the draft? I hope this happens so that the Dolphins can start taking trade offers right away or have a better idea of who they want to take. But then again...Sf might trade with San Diego. You're right...this is confusing.:confused:

It's even more confusing to me since I am by no means a draft guru. I have no idea who we will pick. Heck, Im even struggling with who I want us to pick!

Back
Top Bottom