The most underrated Dolphins in history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most underrated Dolphins in history?

This is just a question, and I don't believe it to be true, but couldn't you say that Dan Marino is/was underrated because some people don't put him up there with Montana because of the super bowl thing? I think it's ludacris, but it happens.

McDuffee never got enough credit around the league as he should have.

I agree. Add a few more to that list:

John Offerdahl, Bernie Parmelee, Marc Higgs, Keith Byars, Ron Heller, Louis Oliver, Reggie Roby and Marc Dixon

Agua said:
I think it's ludicrous anyone would think Marino is underrated.

Well, a local radio station in Sacramento was doing a top 5 list of the best QBs and Marino wasn't on it. He didn't even make their honorable mention. IMO they are underrating him.

Bryan Cox played well for us I loved his emotion just didnt like the stupid penalties.

After some thought...The most underrated player in Dolphin history? Earl
Morrall! And here is why - 17-0 and he started at least 9 games + 2 playoff victories and never made a peep when Griese came back and stole his glory.

Lee2000 said:
Who are the most underrated Dolphins in history? This can be anyone guys, including special teams. There are several that come to mind for me. Tim Foley had a consistent performance. Irving Fryar improved dramatically with Miami. Don Nottingham was a fan favorite. There are many names that come to mind. Please come up with some of your own.

Lee2000

Crash Jensen....he helped keep defenses off of the qbs since during his tenure we had no running game to speak of..

Glenn Blackwood was another...As a DB he held the defense together in the backfield. He was the only decent DB we had at that time. He did a good job of covering up when the CBs made mistakes...

raving said:
After some thought...The most underrated player in Dolphin history? Earl
Morrall! And here is why - 17-0 and he started at least 9 games + 2 playoff victories and never made a peep when Griese came back and stole his glory.

I will agree with that. Earl has my vote.

Earl and Don Strock are in the top 10 of underrated

And Nathan isn't far behind. Tony Nathan was the team player.

Lee2000

He got us there.

Larry Seiple. Mr. Everyposition. His play alone may be responsible for us being in a Super Bowl.

John Offerdahl: Yes he made the Pro Bowl all the time but people never really knew how good the guy was.

Tim Bowens: I know some of you are saying "what?" If you want your answer about why I think he is underrated just look at our run defense last year without him...that is the only reason I think I need.

To the poster who listed Louis Oliver....I say WHAT?!?! The guy was a big hitter but he could'nt cover anybody. If anything he was a little overrated.

Back
Top Bottom