The most underrated Dolphins in history? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most underrated Dolphins in history?

brock marion never got enough credit for how he played as a dolphin. he was in a backfield that consisted of sam madison and patrick surtain. i think he should of got a lil more credit

I'd like to add one more name.

Dwight Stephenson. He is not talked about often enough as what he was...the best center to ever play the sport.

Dwight underrated?

unifiedtheory said:
"Dwight Stephenson. He is not talked about often enough as what he was...the best center to ever play the sport."
All true, and Marino was never quite as good after our "shut down" center left the game. But underrated? He was widely considered to be the best at his position during his time, and possibly the best ever.

I win

I mentioned Larry Seiple, no comment. Doesn't anyone remember how many positions he played? Running back, Tight End, Punter (mostly) and I think he could spell Griese at quarterback and was a passable DB, my memory fails on the last two and I don't recall ever seeing him in the game in those last two roles. Larry only made the brainiest gutsiest play in Dolphin History, made it work, and put us in the Super Bowl to give us a chance at that championship undefeated season. Based on these things alone, I think the award goes to Larry, because no one remembered him.

Jon Giesler, the guy never gave up sacks and was just a real solid all around player. Don McNeal was also a player who was as good a corner as there was at the time.

Phin19 said:
The whole "No Name Defense", one of the best Defense of all time and they don`t get enough credit; specially Manny Fernandez, Van Den Herder and Dick Anderson . . . .

Nothing else to say.

unifiedtheory said:
I'd like to add one more name.

Dwight Stephenson. He is not talked about often enough as what he was...the best center to ever play the sport.

Anyone in the Hall of Fame is NOT underrated.

dolfreak said:
Without a doubt Reggie Roby, best black punter in league history.

clear.gif

agreed

Back
Top Bottom