The Myth About Josh Rosen. And Dolphins Add More Players After The Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Myth About Josh Rosen. And Dolphins Add More Players After The Draft

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
After the Dolphins’ acquired him, I spoke with two NFL people who are friends with Cardinals players. And both of those NFL people emphasized that those players have told them that Rosen was a good teammate and good guy and that on the field, he was hurt by having a deficient offensive line and playing several teams with strong defensive lines.

And here are three on-the-record remarks far more powerful than what any source can say:

Future Hall of Fame receiver Larry Fitzgerald, touched by the fact Rosen attended Fitzgerald’s charity softball game on Saturday a day after he was traded, told The Arizona Republic: “I think that’s just a testament to who he is as a man. He could have very easily gone down to Miami already, or just said, ‘Hey, I’m not gonna do it,’ but it shows you his commitment, his character, and just friendship. I’m very fortunate to call him a friend. Looking forward to seeing him do great things in Miami.”

Cardinals running back David Johnson said in an exchange with a fan on social media that Rosen “is gonna be one of the best when all is said and done.”

ADVERTISING

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article229789499.html#storylink=cpy

The endorsement from Larry Fitzgerald tells me everything I need to know about Rosen. There is no classier and finer man in the league than Fitz. If Fitz speaks highly of him, I’ve got to believe he has high character.

I heard Larry Fitzgerald’s interview with Reggie Jackson over the weekend... he had nothing but praise for Josh Rosen... and Larry had let Josh down in his first full debut against Seattle...Josh was on the money in that game....Larry dropped three balls himself!

This is from a Cardinals fan:

"Most of cardinals fans revolted when Murray was drafted . We hate the pick but were learning to deal with it I guess . I have my doubts on Murray and Kliff. We were all looking forward to see the growth in Rosen in year 2 because we knew that much of the problems weren't his fault at all . Rosen lead the league in getting sacked in under 2.5 seconds or less with 17 times . That's not even a 5 step drop . He was brought in week 3 in the 4th quarter because it turns out that Bradford actually QUIT Nd refuced to play .

To judge Rosen you have to watch full games and watch them with context . He had 36 different offensive line combinations with guys literally off the street, with practice squad outside of Kirk and Fitz ( Kirk got injured at the end ) 2 different offensive coordinators with McCoy who literally broke David Johnson when he was constantly running him up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and then Rosen was in a shitty position , Defensive coach who broke the defense , head coache who didnt know how to manage games which I believe cost the team 4 or 5 games . With all of this he looked great at times and pulled off game winning drives and potentially ones that the head coach killed . Go back to his first start of the year in week 3 when he had a full line that wasnt injured he looked amazing, he had the highest pff grade of any rookie since like 2007 in his first start even with all the drops . You guys have a good one . I'm a dolphins fan now ."

I remember Payton M. Going only 3-13 that first year with give me interceptions as a result. I'm glad Rosen has gotten a year of NFL experience and with 14 year Fitz helping him, we may have really gotten a steal here. I hope so.

The endorsement from Larry Fitzgerald tells me everything I need to know about Rosen. There is no classier and finer man in the league than Fitz. If Fitz speaks highly of him, I’ve got to believe he has high character.
Ditto! Well stated...

After the Dolphins’ acquired him, I spoke with two NFL people who are friends with Cardinals players. And both of those NFL people emphasized that those players have told them that Rosen was a good teammate and good guy and that on the field, he was hurt by having a deficient offensive line and playing several teams with strong defensive lines.

And here are three on-the-record remarks far more powerful than what any source can say:

Future Hall of Fame receiver Larry Fitzgerald, touched by the fact Rosen attended Fitzgerald’s charity softball game on Saturday a day after he was traded, told The Arizona Republic: “I think that’s just a testament to who he is as a man. He could have very easily gone down to Miami already, or just said, ‘Hey, I’m not gonna do it,’ but it shows you his commitment, his character, and just friendship. I’m very fortunate to call him a friend. Looking forward to seeing him do great things in Miami.”

Cardinals running back David Johnson said in an exchange with a fan on social media that Rosen “is gonna be one of the best when all is said and done.”y

Consider me skeptical but just good old fashioned
anecdotal "evidence" and nothing admissible in the
supreme football court...

Bottom line is based on FACTS on the field.

We'll see...

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about Charles Harris being the best sack artist on the team lol

Well, we now have a defensive minded no nonsense HC, so I am sure they will work with with him, and give him all the opportunities to show what he can do...He has to know that once you go three years without proving he can be a good backup, let alone deserves to be starting, the next step is trade, 3rd string, or being released.

His time is running out very fast, and he needs to work his butt of this season.

I remember Payton M. Going only 3-13 that first year with give me interceptions as a result. I'm glad Rosen has gotten a year of NFL experience and with 14 year Fitz helping him, we may have really gotten a steal here. I hope so.

I think it’s important to understand that no quarterback’s story is written after their rookie season - good or bad. In most cases their story doesn’t even begin to be written until 3 years into their career.

I remember when everybody on this site was trying to tell me Josh Freeman was a franchise quarterback and better than Matt Ryan after their first 2 years in the league. Not even close.

Brett Favre ran literally 4 or 5 plays for the Falcons before being traded to Green Bay the next year. The results were a pick six on his very first throw, another interception, a sack, etc. The team doctors for the Packers actually diagnosed Favre with the same hip condition that ended Bo Jackson’s career and tried to fail his physical so the trade couldn’t go through. Ron Wolfe overruled that.

Aikman was throwing twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, couldn’t win a game, and couldn’t stay healthy his first 3 years.

Anybody remember what Steve Young looked like with the Buccaneers? It wasn’t pretty.

Drew Brees was throwing just as many interceptions as he was touchdowns in San Diego. Even got benched for Doug Flutie in his 3rd season.

Other guys like Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Patrick Mahomes, etc. got to sit and learn for at least a year on playoff teams in most of those cases before ever starting a game. That “de-recruiting” period is often so critical for young quarterbacks.

The best college coaches actually de-recruit these young talented 5-star players coming out of high school once they get on campus. It’s a process. That’s why so many programs and coaches that get 5-star players don’t develop to their full potential. They don’t de-recruit these young players when they come in.

The most important thing for Rosen to be successful in my opinion is that he has to genuinely love football. Love it enough to want it to be your job. Your life. Everyday.

If you don’t, there’s nothing wrong with that. There’s more to life than football. But if you don’t, say it. Let it be known so you and everybody else can quit wasting each other’s time. Pursue whatever it is you’re passionate about. Some guys love football, they just don’t love the NFL (Jake Locker).

If Josh Rosen loves football and is dedicated, I believe he has the ability to be great. Not just good. But Miami and everybody else is going to find out. It won’t remain a question in anyone’s mind too much longer.

The payoff could be greater than anyone thinks. Even the people involved. The consequences are essentially nothing. I think it’s an incredibly smart gamble for a team like Miami to take.

I think it’s important to understand that no quarterback’s story is written after their rookie season - good or bad. In most cases their story doesn’t even begin to be written until 3 years into their career.

I remember when everybody on this site was trying to tell me Josh Freeman was a franchise quarterback and better than Matt Ryan after their first 2 years in the league. Not even close.

Brett Favre ran literally 4 or 5 plays for the Falcons before being traded to Green Bay the next year. The results were a pick six on his very first throw, another interception, a sack, etc. The team doctors for the Packers actually diagnosed Favre with the same hip condition that ended Bo Jackson’s career and tried to fail his physical so the trade couldn’t go through. Ron Wolfe overruled that.

Aikman was throwing twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, couldn’t win a game, and couldn’t stay healthy his first 3 years.

Anybody remember what Steve Young looked like with the Buccaneers? It wasn’t pretty.

Drew Brees was throwing just as many interceptions as he was touchdowns in San Diego. Even got benched for Doug Flutie in his 3rd season.

Other guys like Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Patrick Mahomes, etc. got to sit and learn for at least a year on playoff teams in most of those cases before ever starting a game. That “de-recruiting” period is often so critical for young quarterbacks.

The best college coaches actually de-recruit these young talented 5-star players coming out of high school once they get on campus. It’s a process. That’s why so many programs and coaches that get 5-star players don’t develop to their full potential. They don’t de-recruit these young players when they come in.

The most important thing for Rosen to be successful in my opinion is that he has to genuinely love football. Love it enough to want it to be your job. Your life. Everyday.

If you don’t, there’s nothing wrong with that. There’s more to life than football. But if you don’t, say it. Let it be known so you and everybody else can quit wasting each other’s time. Pursue whatever it is you’re passionate about. Some guys love football, they just don’t love the NFL (Jake Locker).

If Josh Rosen loves football and is dedicated, I believe he has the ability to be great. Not just good. But Miami and everybody else is going to find out. It won’t remain a question in anyone’s mind too much longer.

The payoff could be greater than anyone thinks. Even the people involved. The consequences are essentially nothing. I think it’s aincredibly smart gamble for a team like Miami to take.
That’s the best post I’ve seen all year.

Bravo Ted

The payoff could be greater than anyone thinks. Even the people involved. The consequences are essentially nothing. I think it’s an incredibly smart gamble for a team like Miami to take.
Junior, how would you compare Rosen's skillset to those of Herbert, Love, Fromm & Tua?

Junior, how would you compare Rosen's skillset to those of Herbert, Love, Fromm & Tua?

The skillset is as good as as any of ‘em. It always has been.

It’s the leadership qualities, desire, and what he really wants his focus to be that will determine how his story unfolds in my opinion.

He’s never overachieved despite the talent he’s blessed with. He’s underachieved from a team perspective. It’s not just his rookie year with the Cardinals that he carries. Rosen’s abilities aren’t what holds him back. That’s why Miami traded for him.

Back
Top Bottom