*** Flores Fired Mega Thread *** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Flores Fired Mega Thread ***

Flores This Seaso

• Total voters
I like the thought you've put into this man. I'm not sure I'm fully on board with the base premise of Tua being Ross's guy and the other two being all for Herbert.

The reason I say this is because there seems to me a lot of revisionist theory going on here. If you cast your mind back to that draft, Burrow was the #1, because of the season he had with LSU but there was still some talk that Cincy were deliberating between him and Tua. Tua was the clear #2 though, especially after the video of him working out showed that he was make great strides in his recovery. Herbert was a distant #3, with some people having Jordan Love higher than him ! I remember back then that I was one of Herbert's biggest advocates, it was a lonely stance to take. People on here were incredulous at Tanenbaum when he was asked who was the best QB prospect in the draft Burrow or Tua and he said Herbert.

Now everyone is "oh how did we pass on him, he was clearly the best prospect, look at his arm" , yeah those people simply didn't say that at the time of the draft and I don't blame them for that because there were a LOT of question marks on Justin Herbert coming out, yes he had the big arm, but there wasn't much evidence of him being able to throw with touch. He was consistent in his inconsistency in college and he was prone to brain farts on a regular basis. He was always prototypical and I can't remember an arm as good as he showed on occasion at Oregon, but he was far from a slam dunk pick folks seem to want to make him out to be now.

If there was some disagreement, I think it was that Flo didn't want to take any QB that high, but he was of course still fairly new in the job and after posting 5 wins in year one, no matter how they were achieved in no position to over rule his GM and owner.

Think there is some truth in Tua not being Flo's guy, the benchings exposed that. I also think Flo's general disinterest in the offense is a factor here, he just expects them to go out and perform and if they are not he's coming down strong on them, hence the constant changes in the O coaching staff.

I don't agree Tua was the clear #2.

I wasn't a member on this site, but on the other it was probably about 60/40 in favor of Tua.

Also there were a lot of pre draft reports suggesting if he had fallen past SD he probably wouldn't be taken in the first. Obviously we will never know if that is true, but there were lots of reports of GMs being "meh" on him as well as reports we might take Herbert.

Where do these theories come from that Ross wanted Tua and Grier and Flores wanted Herbert? This seems far fetched at best. Ross is clueless yes but appears to me to be a guy who would let the people he hired make these picks.
I laid it out post number one that is where it came from

Any evidence to back any of this up?
5qlavp.jpg

I wasn't a member on this site, but on the other it was probably about 60/40 in favor of Tua.

Also there were a lot of pre draft reports suggesting if he had fallen past SD he probably wouldn't be taken in the first. Obviously we will never know if that is true, but there were lots of reports of GMs being "meh" on him as well as reports we might take Herbert.

Dude there was no where never 40% wanting us to select Herbert, that's simply not true. You can search this forum for threads from back then, the majority, I would say 80% where clamoring for us not to pass on Tua. I was one of those happy to admit that, and we still may prove to be right, time will tell.

Wow such cheap conjecture. Anybody with a laptop and too much time can make this stuff up. Slow news day huh? Let's face facts, this team is putrid and unless they go on a five or six game winning run the season is already over.
The irony of you talking about conjecture can not be ignored.

Did Ross force us to pick Jackson and Iggy too?
If you watched their tape , there’s no way anyone whose watched or played football would ever say these guys were first round picks. It’s absurd. Grier and company are Morons. Until we upgrade the Gm we’re going to continue to be a bottom of the barrel team.

- If the case I am right and it is all a hunch

- Ross wouldn’t appreciate how they are treating his prize - Tua is working out besides the tomfoolery Patch work this and that

- lack of offensive coheSian aside coaching and coordinating is not on Ross

- DW murmur could be huge in the actual downfall - not on Ross but his name is involved sure he likes that

- the final nail is record of course
Going into that draft it was Tua or Herbert for me. I leaned Herbert because Tua was injured. I don’t believe a seriously injured Qb has never been drafted in the top 5? A good Gm would of gone with a healthy 6’6 qb who can make every throw and has been playing qb his entire life.

Dude there was no where never 40% wanting us to select Herbert, that's simply not true. You can search this forum for threads from back then, the majority, I would say 80% where clamoring for us not to pass on Tua. I was one of those happy to admit that, and we still may prove to be right, time will tell.
You are correct , posters were constantly shitting on Herbert. I remember looking at Herbert’s tape and I posted I think he’s going to be a good nfl qb. I said give me Tua or Herbert and I’m happy.

I think you are wrong about this. It is a bit of revisionist history......

I agree with a lot of the post, no way a sane coach would bench Fitz and put in Tua knowing he wasn’t ready mentally and physically.

This is the real story and when we get to the bottom of it we’ll know everything.

Back
Top Bottom