*** Flores Fired Mega Thread *** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Flores Fired Mega Thread ***

Flores This Seaso

• Total voters
Wow such cheap conjecture. Anybody with a laptop and too much time can make this stuff up. Slow news day huh? Let's face facts, this team is putrid and unless they go on a five or six game winning run the season is already over.
200.gif

Fix doesn't equate to 'replace.' Most problems with Mia are on coaching and those can be improved until replacements can be found
I don't understand how the same coaches who got players to overachieve last year suddenly cannot coach this year. With the exception of Chan Gailey and the OL coach on offense, the coaches are the same. The defense is the same except for the swapping of Bobby McCain for McCourty/Holland and Lawson and Van Noy for Phillips and Scarlett/AVG.

I don't understand how the same coaches who got players to overachieve last year suddenly cannot coach this year. With the exception of Chan Gailey and the OL coach on offense, the coaches are the same. The defense is the same except for the swapping of Bobby McCain for McCourty/Holland and Lawson and Van Noy for Phillips and Scarlett/AVG.

IMO, our problems all started with the coaches on the offensive side of the ball. I don't know if it's the coordinators and their scheme or our OL coach, but things are so screwed up and out of sync that it affects our whole team's play. Our defense has been on the field a long time so far this year. Guys may be playing hurt, and injuries are catching up to us, exacerbating the problem.

McCourty is the problem. He was a problem at Tenn. He made the whole defense worse.

I don't know. As they say, Hindsight is always 20/20. Watching Herbert play it's certainly easy to say that should have been the pick.

Going back to the 2020 draft, though, I bet more GM'S take Tua if given the choice. Maybe it was close since Tua had the hip injury.

I'm confused as to what Flores wants on offense. When Tua was drafted, I assumed he was looking to closely duplicate what NE did with Brady and a mostly conservative, low risk offense.

As to if he actually wanted Tua or Herbert, I have to think Tua since that's how the draft went.

Where do these theories come from that Ross wanted Tua and Grier and Flores wanted Herbert? This seems far fetched at best. Ross is clueless yes but appears to me to be a guy who would let the people he hired make these picks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear that Ross liked Joe Burrow too? Maybe that was Grier.

Also, I think Lamar Jackson was someone Ross liked, or wanted?

I just don't think Ross gets involved in the player side of things, but I could be wrong. He certainly has to be held accountable for Grier and Flores. Not saying that can't work out, but their seats are at least getting warm.

Back
Top Bottom