The new CBA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The new CBA

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I really feel like both sides are playing a silly cat and mouse game with no cognizance for the other side or any third parties involved. It is evident that this negotiation process has been fueled by want, rather than need from both sides. Of course, not many fans will actually turn away from the NFL even with all of the nonsense that has been happening but as a fan, I really do feel disrespected. Many fans don't have millions of dollars so we really don't have much of a voice in this process, but it is really alarming how the NFL is disregarding its "customers" and how the players are disregarding the "consumers." We, as fans, buy the tickets and wear the jerseys. We attend the games and we tune into games on TV that are funded by the advertisements targeted at us. One thing I have an immense amount of respect for is a business that is run with thorough operations and one that takes even the most basic customer into account. More than ever, the NFL needs the fans to help it continue to grow, and it needs fans to help the league gain revenue through a cloudy economic climate. As many things in this world are mind boggling, I can't begin to explain the ill sentiment that I have towards both sides for acting in a childish manner when these times call for anything but that. I realize this was a bit of a rant, but damn, these players and owners really need to get it together.

This is a very pertinent and you are absolutely correct. Although everyone involved in this fiasco has the right to negotiate the best contract, the right to lockout or strike, the right to file lawsuits and the right to strategically utilize customers and the media to achieve selfish goals. However, given that so many people - white, black, rich, poor, Latin, Asian, Democrats, Republicans, Fin fans, Jet fans - are struggling right now with the economy and either have seen their income severely diminished or wiped out entirely, it would have been nice for both sides to have come into this negotiation a little more humble and amenable. Give us heroes and not spoiled a-holes! Soldiers fight for less than 1% of what Brady makes a year and don't complain. If you think a franchise tag stinks, try a non-compete. Retired players gripe about health care, try owning a small business on a shoe-string budget. I know that the people in the NFL don't owe me squat nor do I owe them anything but this mess has certainly verified to me that I represent nothing more than revenue to big business and that NFL players truly are spoiled brats that think they deserve much better than the "average joe" and that normal rules really don't apply to them because they have been catered to their entire lives because they are "special". Although there is no replacement for Dolphins Football, I have cancelled my NFL package (that's at least $300 less out of the $9 Billion) and will focus on the Seminoles!

I Agree 100%, to me it's just entertainment they will not get another cent out of me for years. All they will get from me is just another TV rating (when DOlphins play), Forget the NFL Package. No more Jerseys, no more caps the *******s dont deserve your money. THey are rich as hell in one year their life is pretty much set economically and they still complaining. Look at us struggling to pay our bills with this economy and we are still happy and when times get tough we would taken any job to support our families and this ppl are complaining about nickles and dimes when they are already super rich especially that Drew Brees, *******.

Back
Top Bottom