The New York Giant's o-line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The New York Giant's o-line

2020 - Andrew Thomas, Jerdick Wills, Mekhi Beckton, Tristan Wirfs and Austin Jackson........It was a two tackle 1st round. The Giants, Jets and Dolphins missed out on the two tackles, at least we have an excuse.

One of my Giants buddies told me that Thomas was coming around though this year, doesn't appear to be the case. 4th overall OT's don't need to "come around". They need to be better than everyone else from Day 1.

They Trubiskied that decision. At least we didn't have the options they did.

Wirfs is a stud who helped propel Tampa Bay's offense and the best of the bunch. 3 OT's went ahead of him.

The jury is still out on the Mekhi Becton, given that it's hard to assess guys who are hurt. Betting odds aren't in his favor of being successful.

The most important thing to remember is that you NEVER stop trying to upgrade the OL. Past failures are irrelevant. You never don't draft an OL because you missed on the last one.

Exactly.

Plus you look at the dominance against Baltimore.

The progression of Tua.

It is clear, at this time, the Phins are firing on all cylinders. Whether we will or not is a diferrent story. But there is no reason the phins should not be favored, initially, the next 3 games.

The offense is starting to do what I believe Flores wants.

Play solid, time consuming offense. Put up 20+ points, and the defense should do the rest.

I am not a fan of that strategy. But with the team playing like it has lately it works

They have shown a lot to be ready to start winning games by 2 TD or atleast double digits.

The phins are the team you don't wanna play right now. Chiefs and Pat's also.

To me those 3 teams are the class of the aFC right now. Unfortunately, 2 are headed for Playoffs and the other Is working overtime to just have a chance
You had me right up until you said we are top 3 in the class hierarchy. We are class clown world, until we prove otherwise, by (i know this sounds like crazy talk, but hear me out) maybe winning a playoff game perhaps?

We have played markedly better of late on both sides of the ball. We may be getting hot at the right time, but it's likely the hole is too deep (Thats what she said).

If you read any comments from New York Giant fans they believe they have the worst o-line in all of the NFL. That's a matter for debate but looking at that o-line on paper I can't believe that they are ranked near or at the bottom of oline rankings. They have from right to left Andrew Thomas, the 4th pick in the draft, Matt Skura, undrafted and cut by us, Billy Price, 1st round, Will Hernandez, 2nd round and Nate Solder, 1st round. Out of 5 starters on the line 3 are 1st rounders and one is a 2nd rounder and Skura. I guess throwing a ton of assets at your oline is no sure thing at all. Also, note that even with the presence of a few veterans on the line they still stink. They also drafted a big name RB and it's just not working for them. Maybe Jones isn't that great at QB. This week they are starting Glennon. We really should beat this team by 2 TDs at home.
Their defense can play pretty well sometimes, but yes we should beat them. Might be closer than u think depending on their Defense.

You had me right up until you said we are top 3 in the class hierarchy. We are class clown world, until we prove otherwise, by (i know this sounds like crazy talk, but hear me out) maybe winning a playoff game perhaps?

We have played markedly better of late on both sides of the ball. We may be getting hot at the right time, but it's likely the hole is too deep (Thats what she said).

Dang it.... I was so close.....

Oh, I guess that's also what she said. Ugh

Technically 26 on offense. 7 came directly from ST. And even the 2nd drive was a grand total of a 9 yard TD drive after the X pick.

I’m glad we’re getting back to playing complimentary football, but let’s not act like the offense went out and scored 33 on Carolina

Unbelievable!

A TD is a TD is a TD; not a TURD - LOL

I'd be shocked if Miami's underrated D-Line doesn't have at least a decent day against the Giant's. Since the change back to a more man to man, scheme; the Dolphins Defensive Line has played outstanding football. The Giants have had problems along their Offensive Line for many years. They are about as bad as Miami's OL. Hopefully, Miami can wreck some Havoc?

Yes, both of you are right (IMO). But I see it as a big, whopping failure by Grier and Flores. The defense carried the offense last season. In my mind, the #1 priority during this past offseason should've been to upgrade the offense. The result of their "upgrading" was what could be the worst o-line in the league and a weak running game which give Tua and the WRs no time to make big plays downfield; it's no wonder this offense was averaging only 18 points per game. They're on a winning streak ONLY because they finally decided to use the defensive schemes that worked so well for them last season. IOW, they fixed NOTHING; the offense still struggles, and the defense is carrying the team again.
Bingo

Exactly.

Plus you look at the dominance against Baltimore.

The progression of Tua.

It is clear, at this time, the Phins are firing on all cylinders. Whether we will or not is a diferrent story. But there is no reason the phins should not be favored, initially, the next 3 games.

The offense is starting to do what I believe Flores wants.

Play solid, time consuming offense. Put up 20+ points, and the defense should do the rest.

I am not a fan of that strategy. But with the team playing like it has lately it works

They have shown a lot to be ready to start winning games by 2 TD or atleast double digits.

The phins are the team you don't wanna play right now. Chiefs and Pat's also.

To me those 3 teams are the class of the aFC right now. Unfortunately, 2 are headed for Playoffs and the other Is working overtime to just have a chance
The problem with this offensive strategy is it’s missing that key piece to maintain that ball control, grind it out drives consistently. The OL.

I’m not trying to be negative, I’m enjoying this win streak as much as anyone. But saying “we scored 30 on the best pass defense in the league” out of context is quite misleading, even if accurate. I’m just not going to buy into false narratives for the sake of being excited. There’s plenty of real things to be excited about. The offense (outside of Tua/Waddle/Gesicki) isn’t at the top of that list

The Giants Oline does suck. And their QB play is inconsistent and turnover prone, no matter who's in there. But their defense is more than "pretty good" - they're really strong, especially the secondary and DT's. They have some good skill position weapons also. I'm worried about tomorrow - we need to create turnovers. Hope I'm wrong to be worried.

The G men have injuries on offense as well so hopefully that plays into our defense having a good game.

Back
Top Bottom