The Next Miami Dolphins QB in 2018 is..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Next Miami Dolphins QB in 2018 is.....

This is a relevant comment in a way (to me). I've been behind Thill since the start but I don't like "why" he is our QB. Philbin was no leader (and in my mind) he let Sherman tell him who the QB should be and he reached. Later we saw him not want to fire Sherman. It was just bad stuff all around. You can't default to Sherman as a new head coach. You have to take command and not be a follower in the most important career defining decision of your life, unless it's the consensus top pick or something. I've seen it differently with Gase (he can lead) and I suspect he would make a good selection. I also think the sooner the better. It would be wise to start looking now. It was the biggest tell tale of the Philbin era and his ability. I know choices were small, but thats not my point. I guess I'm saying "I hear you, Gase isn't the coach Philbin was". I also guess Gase is already thinking about it at times.

Kinda what I am trying to get to. Tannehill may still be his choice post surgery, but when the time comes to actually draft a QB, whether it's next season or later, Gase will get who he wants. Not dissing Tannehill in any way, shape or for, just stating that he was here when Gase took the job. It will be intersting for me to see whom he drafts when the opportunity arises.

Tannehill is just a average QB. Thats all he will ever be. He had 6 years to prove himself and what did he do? Nothing! Stop sticking up for this guy and realize he is a scrub. Once this season is over he is done. His leg wont be the same anyway.

Jarrett Slidham. We need to draft a QB either way. Time to move on from Moore

Am I the only one who loves Baker Mayfield? I love his competitiveness and leadership. He's the opposite of Tannehill in terms of personality and on the field demeanor. Not sure what type of QB Gase is looking for and does Gase even know what he's looking for at this point? I think ultimately Mayfield will be a 1st round pick but I would love for us to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd round. He reminds me of Russell Wilson but more of a gunslinger. His teammates seem to really rally around him. He's my guy right now if we are indeed looking to add a young QB to groom under Gase.

Man does Jarret Stidham look like a baller. If we could get him in second third round I'm all for it!

Back
Top Bottom