The NFL Beat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL Beat

B.Sebo

Certified HogPhin Trainer
Reaction score
I would like a chance to write and continue my series The NFL Beat that was previous on phinzone.com, anyways my 16th birthday is tomorrow and it would really help me to get onto my local paper if I had the oppurtunity to write for such a great website. I hope you consider this and I hope to bring The NFL Beat to this website.

How about you post a sample article. Make it about 1 paragraph long, and I'll show it to a few current writers and get their thoughts. I'll also put it on the main forum and see how the fans react to it. How's that sound?

Let me know...

sure, i will have it to you by friday night, thanks for the oppurtunity!

I'm not for sure, they were experimenting with a fifth writer, but in the end they wanted to stay with four:(

I'm sorry man. Hopefully you can come aboard here at finheaven.com

The following is one of the ones I did for phinzone.com, I hope you enjoy.

No Fuss with Gus

A long standing enigma, no one had a fathom of who the starting Quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals would be, after months of painful litigation, the Bengals have finally decided on the man who will lead them to fourth place in the AFC Central this year, Gus Frerotte.
Though it can be argued that the starting QB for the worst team in the '90s is futile, it still deserves a second look, even if they are the Bengals.
In 1999 the Cincinnati Bengals selected QB Akili Smith with their first selection, hailed as the savior for the team, he did little more but lead them to a couple of fifth place finishes in the then six team AFC Central. Akili had a shot at the job this year, but alas it seems that the once bright prospect has gone the way of the dodo, the saber tooth tiger, and Ryan Leaf.
Enter John Kitna last season, a year removed from being replaced by young Matt Hassellbeck in Seattle, John was the next in line of grave disappointments. Though the aspirations of the Bengals last season could not hold a candle to those of the defending Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens, the few faithful Bengals fans held on to a glimmer of hope, brought on by the promise of a new Quarterback, but it was the same old story.
Sure, John lead the Bengals to a six win campaign, but it was his two touchdown, thirteen interception downward spiral in a seven game losing streak to end last season.
Finally its down to Gus Frerotte, the man who was handed the keys to the 1975 Pinto that is the Bengals offense. Gus is certainly the most qualified and has the most experience, but the question is if he can overtake the mediocrity that has been his career in the NFL, and turn it into wins on the gridiron?
For now I applaud the Bengals decision and considering the other two choices, I have no fuss with Gus, that is until the first game with San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom