The NFL Is Bigger Than Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL Is Bigger Than Miami

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I see many a post on how bad the Dolphins players have been and are How many compare their play to others, at the same position, in the NFL, in place of taking shots on a few plays?

For example, and not taking sides here, Clabo played 67 snaps, 26 on the run,and 41 in pass protect. Did he suck on all 67plays or, just two?

Tannehill has 7 picks for the year. Flacco has 8, Cutler has 7, and Brees, Rivers, Romo, Brady, and Big Ben have 5. How bad is this kid's 7?

Just a few examples to show that maybe we should be looking past tunnel vision..

I see many a post on how bad the Dolphins players have been and are How many compare their play to others, at the same position, in the NFL, in place of taking shots on a few plays?

For example, and not taking sides here, Clabo played 67 snaps, 26 on the run,and 41 in pass protect. Did he suck on all 67plays or, just two?

Tannehill has 7 picks for the year. Flacco has 8, Cutler has 7, and Brees, Rivers, Romo, Brady, and Big Ben have 5. How bad is this kid's 7?

Just a few examples to show that maybe we should be looking past tunnel vision..

He sucked on 99.9% of the 26 run and 41 pass plays.

Those other teams are good enough (less Baltimore and Pitt) to overcome turnovers. We can barely get out of our own way.

I'm not giving up on Tanny yet. I've seen flashes of brilliance. However, I have to say his biggest problem is pocket presence. Moving up in the pocket, like Andrew Luck did last night was textbook. Yes, I know our O-line sucks, but Tanny must improve on this aspect of the game. He also needs to throw the ball to open receivers. I see numerous times when he will throw at a receiver with a man blanketed on him when 2 others are running in the open. Just my 2 cents

People are overreacting a little bit to mistakes, but the big problem is we're just not getting enough big plays to overcome them. The defense has got to come up with that stop on 3rd down with about two minutes to play... Charles Clay has got to get his feet down in bounds... Ryan Tannehill has GOT to hit that ridiculous scrambling deep ball to Brian Hartline to win the game. Somebody's gotta make one of those exceptional plays. This week, it seems like the only guy who showed up to make those plays was Brandon Gibson.

Back
Top Bottom