The NFL just forced me out... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL just forced me out...

I'm torn because I could go to the sports bar, but the cost of things is becoming unaffordable for me. I guess I am going to let them renew my game pass to NFL+ because living in Orlando we get totally screwed when it comes to Miami games. However, I hope they improved the app I have to use for my smart TV. It was total dog crap last year and made watching replays a real challenge. I doubt slinging the game from my phone to the TV will work, but my fingers are crossed. Watching games of our favorite team shouldn't be such a hassle!

NFL+.PNG

I'm torn because I could go to the sports bar, but the cost of things is becoming unaffordable for me. I guess I am going to let them renew my game pass to NFL+ because living in Orlando we get totally screwed when it comes to Miami games. However, I hope they improved the app I have to use for my smart TV. It was total dog crap last year and made watching replays a real challenge. I doubt slinging the game from my phone to the TV will work, but my fingers are crossed. Watching games of our favorite team shouldn't be such a hassle!

View attachment 114275
This is why I'm sticking with Gamepass International vs NFL+

Don't be fooled by the fact that you can watch live preseason games with Game Pass US. That all goes away when the real season starts.) With NFL Game Pass International, on the other hand, you can stream every game live — 65 preseason games, 256 regular season games, all playoff games, and the Super Bowl.

I'm sure they do. The question is would there be any profit in doing so? No return on investment = not doing it.
They would have return. Take me as an example, my barrier to entry was the lack of earlier games. Imagine if they could somehow get every game since the merger on there. Watch your entire team's history. We'd all be paying for it. It's just poor vision on their part.

So after reading through this, does this mean places like b-dubs (Buffalo wild wings) won't be able to show the games live anymore?
They will. They'll have Sunday Ticket. Their entire concept is reliant on showing the games live.

I got an email today that says they're switching me to NFL+ Premium and billing me. Updated my roku tv and the NFL app still says gamepass.

I guess they haven't got it all squared away yet...

Anyone who has a .edu email address can get the student edition of the Sunday ticket for 100 total. So if you have kids in college, or you're in college you can get the streaming pretty cheap.

Yea sure but some of like to watch live games and even older games from years ago in decent quality. I have had Gamepass for years and don't regret it.
I wasn't suggesting missing any games everyone.
Eye
Pee
Tee
Vee
is your friend.

Not sure what any of that has to do with having the technology and ability to project entertainment onto a television from another device.
Neither do I! Most people assume that everyone knows how to do that stuff... I'm just pointing out that not everyone does (or wants to).

If you can find a student at any college and sign up on Sunday Ticket U using their college e-mail address?
You can’t record games unless you use Windows Xbox recorder.
Been doing that for several years- at least my tuition $ goes to something I enjoy !
Anyone who has a .edu email address can get the student edition of the Sunday ticket for 100 total. So if you have kids in college, or you're in college you can get the streaming pretty cheap.
Thanks for the info. My son is starting college and I may take advantage of this, especially since you don’t already need to have Directv. :UP:

Bro...YouTube has that...some games even have commercials for nostalgia of the era...is it HD quality? No...but I grew up watching them with bunny ears on the tv so its all good ...full seasons of Dan ...no issues and its FREE
Yep. There's a channel that has the games in a playlist and it's sorted in chronological order too so you can watch them by seasons. Of course not every full game but there's a lot on there plus another channel that uploads all the highlights. I've been watching from the 1995 season and I'm up to the 1998 playoffs now. It's brilliant.

View attachment 114275
Tell me about it, for years I had the ticket at my bar, they bill me based on occupancy. The NFL assumes every seat if full and everyone wants to watch Games. It became a losing proposition for me so I cancelled it, mostly due to the last half of the year when the NFL flexes all the important games into prime time.

I just want to be able to order each game independently like a pay per view or Itunes style.

Tell me about it, for years I had the ticket at my bar, they bill me based on occupancy. The NFL assumes every seat if full and everyone wants to watch Games. It became a losing proposition for me so I cancelled it, mostly due to the last half of the year when the NFL flexes all the important games into prime time.

I just want to be able to order each game independently like a pay per view or Itunes style.
If the NBA can, I don't see why the NFL cannot.

There is zero chance Direct lets Sunday Ticket go...this is either them or the NFL negotiating in public for a new deal for one side or the other...it would kill sports bars which is how they make their money

Back
Top Bottom