The NFL just forced me out... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL just forced me out...

There is zero chance Direct lets Sunday Ticket go...this is either them or the NFL negotiating in public for a new deal for one side or the other...it would kill sports bars which is how they make their money

From everything I have heard it will be 2 different contracts for the NFL TV right. For the home viewer it will end up on something like Apple or Amazon, but for sports bars and the like it will probably remain on DirecTV.

There is zero chance Direct lets Sunday Ticket go...this is either them or the NFL negotiating in public for a new deal for one side or the other...it would kill sports bars which is how they make their money
How? They'd still be able to purchase the ticket with whichever provider it goes it.

They would buy Rokus or Apple TVs. It's really not that complicated. Same way Chive TV is at most bars.
Ok...but they'd have to buy extra stuff then just paying the every year sub? Am I taking crazy pills to think this is bad business?

Ok...but they'd have to buy extra stuff then just paying the every year sub? Am I taking crazy pills to think this is bad business?
They would get the devices for free or at a steep discount. Currently Chive TV is in thousands of bars and they give a free Apple TV to the bar per tv. The money for Apple/Google/Amazon is the commercial subscriptions. You take one and plug it in. Don't overthink it. These bars get100's of thousands of revenue from having the live games. They are in the figure it out business even if some on here aren't.

On my computer. For many years I couldn't. Then, I was given links to questionable sites but that wasn't very safe and sometimes my computer would "catch" something. I grew tired of that and decided to pay for Game Pass a few years ago, and I should've done that sooner! I don't mind waiting until after the game to watch the replay, or even waiting until that night or the next day... it's all the same.
I personally can’t function during a Miami game knowing they are playing a game and I’m not watching at the same time. Whatever I’m doing will be a complete waste of time because I have my mind on Miami. Watching later is impossible for me.

They would get the devices for free or at a steep discount. Currently Chive TV is in thousands of bars and they give a free Apple TV to the bar per tv. The money for Apple/Google/Amazon is the commercial subscriptions. You take one and plug it in. Don't overthink it. These bars get100's of thousands of revenue from having the live games. They are in the figure it out business even if some on here aren't.
My sports bar has 24 tvs and I live in a town where most people are transplants so every game has to be on

I personally can’t function during a Miami game knowing they are playing a game and I’m not watching at the same time. Whatever I’m doing will be a complete waste of time because I have my mind on Miami. Watching later is impossible for me.
Not a problem for me, because during the majority of my time being a fan Miami was rarely televised here in Eagles country. And, until about 2005-2006 I had to work every weekend (11-7 shift), so even if Miami was televised, I had to sleep and hopefully tape the game or use a vacation day. It wasn't until about 4 or 5 years ago that I was able to "stream" the game on-line, but those sites weren't reliable. Once I started Game Pass, it was great! So what if I couldn't watch the game live? I had the ability to go back to 2009 and watch every Miami game that I never got to see before.

Back
Top Bottom