The nfl tried to screw us... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The nfl tried to screw us...

It felt to me like a CYA thing more than anything else. A better late than never honest attempt by the NFL to check him out. **** the ref that wasn’t watching the play. If that was a marquis QB you can bet the foul would have been called. What happened afterwards I don’t think is the refs , but the league and they (I believe) were trying to make sure they got the protocol thing in because if they didn’t - and something was wrong w Ryan - lawsuit city.

The NFL screwed up. I agree safety should be first, but they should not reward the other team for their mistake. I think they should have paused the game for the whole 3 minutes it took to check him out.

There really is no correct thing to do. They made a mistake and addressed it, I have no problem with that, its the right move on the NFL's part but there is no way to predict how long it would take him to be cleared if at all so if you're the NFL you can't stop the game, but yes ideally, the NFL would stop the game on such a mistake regarding a team's QB.

It sets a terrible precedence. Imagine this happens in a playoff game. Who really made the call that he needed protocol. This will definitely become a bigger discussion.

It was a key moment in the game and it came out of nowhere
Those are the types of things that you just naturally expect when Miami is playing New England. But not so much Indianapolis.

He really should have been removed after the hit. My guess is they didn't realize there was a solid contact to the head until CBS showed the replay after they returned from the commercial break after the field goal. It was likely a call made by the NY office as opposed to anyone on the field.

Why should he have been checked? I didnt see him show any signs of a concussion.

If that were NE, the ref that follows Brady would have flagged it before the actual hit...

Back
Top Bottom