The nfl tried to screw us... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The nfl tried to screw us...

Safety 1st! :chuckle:
tenor.gif

What are you talking about?
Fitzpatrick was hit (helmet to helmet) which should have been a penalty and possible targeting penalty but was not given. We scored a FG on that drive. Then we had a kickoff and a defensive series. When our offense came out the NFL took Fitzpatrick out (concussion protocol).

I have never seen that happen before. Fitzpatrick was totally dumb founded.

I never in my life seen a QB taken out of the game for a concussion protocol 10 minutes after the initial hit and showed no signs of a concussion in the first place. Crazy!
It was a very weird situation. Like "what the F?"

Fitzpatrick was hit (helmet to helmet) which should have been a penalty and possible targeting penalty but was not given. We scored a FG on that drive. Then we had a kickoff and a defensive series. When our offense came out the NFL took Fitzpatrick out (concussion protocol).

I have never seen that happen before. Fitzpatrick was totally dumb founded.
Thank you!

Given the title of the thread and all the results from around the league today I wasn't sure if it was a reference to the Miami game or another game that might effect their draft position.

The NFL screwed up. I agree safety should be first, but they should not reward the other team for their mistake. I think they should have paused the game for the whole 3 minutes it took to check him out.

It was a key moment in the game and it came out of nowhere
It was a double screw job. First it should have been a penalty (possible targeting as well) which would have offset a holding penalty and not set us back 10 yards which essentially stalled the drive and we had to kick a FG.

Then the NFL had time:
- during the FG
- during the kickoff
- during the defensive possession
- during the time out
to inform the Dolphins about the concussion protocol. Fitzpatrick should have either gone through with that by the time we took the field or we at least could have given Rosen some warm up time on the sideline. Instead they waited until we actually took the field and were forced to throw Rosen out there cold. I am sure if Rosen would have had a couple of warm up throws we would have attempted a pass on 3rd and 6 but no coaching staff let's a QB attempt a pass without having touched a football in 3 hours on the sideline.

No, the NFL was trying to help the Dolphins. Not only by bringing the quarterback out of the game in what could have looked bad for the team, but also by trying to give us a chance to lose this one gracefully.

More proof the league is intentionally influenced. That couldn't have been more blatant of a missed call for the helmet to the head then taking him out after such a ridiculous delay.

It'd be nice if we could believe it was really about the best team winning on any given Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom