The O-line/Benson/Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The O-line/Benson/Brown

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok, a lot of people on here think Ronnie Brown is the best option for us at RB, and for very good reasons, I mean the guy can play, he's a good runner with good vision, he's fast, and he's a good reciever out of the backfield. BUT............ Unless our offensive line vastly improves I don't see him making a huge impact, and with a purous offensive line, Benson actually makes a little more sense. Benson can run his *** off too, but the one thing I noticed about him is he damn nearly ALWAYS seems to fall forwards getting that extra yard or so. He can move piles, and be that workhorse/sledgehammer. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of Brown, and his big time playmaking ability(especially since he's such a double threat) But Benson definitely wouldn't be bad either. Oh, and the combo of Benson/Gordon wouldn't be bad either, Benson as that workhorse pound it in there guy, and Gordon is the burner. LoL but then again Brown and Gordon sounds cool too, especially if they found a way to get both on the field at the same time. What's an oppsing defense going to do to keep track of two RB's that are capable of sub 4.4 speed?

outlawd2u said:
Ok, a lot of people on here think Ronnie Brown is the best option for us at RB, and for very good reasons, I mean the guy can play, he's a good runner with good vision, he's fast, and he's a good reciever out of the backfield. BUT............ Unless our offensive line vastly improves I don't see him making a huge impact, and with a purous offensive line, Benson actually makes a little more sense. Benson can run his *** off too, but the one thing I noticed about him is he damn nearly ALWAYS seems to fall forwards getting that extra yard or so. He can move piles, and be that workhorse/sledgehammer. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of Brown, and his big time playmaking ability(especially since he's such a double threat) But Benson definitely wouldn't be bad either. Oh, and the combo of Benson/Gordon wouldn't be bad either, Benson as that workhorse pound it in there guy, and Gordon is the burner. LoL but then again Brown and Gordon sounds cool too, especially if they found a way to get both on the field at the same time. What's an oppsing defense going to do to keep track of two RB's that are capable of sub 4.4 speed?
'
Actually I was meaning to say something about Brown. When he was at Auburn he played a sort of full-back position when both him and Carnell Williams were on the field. So in that case we could put both him and Gordon in the backfield at the same time, causing defenses to have to guess who it is going to.

Our OL must get better this coming season. Our new OL coach will make an impact. Carey must step up to the plate and perform and we have to sort out the C position.

I dont think we should make our running back decision based on the idea that our o-line is going to suck.

Back
Top Bottom