The O-line Play Against The Falcons

fininpsl

Starter
Reaction score
Good thing the guarantees for Mills was low.

Didn't get a good look at Calhoun, as I was sort of watching Rosen moreso.
IMHO Calhoun didn't look good early. Allowed several of the early pressures. I didn't pay as much attention to him past the first qtr. But it was his first game. Mills was by far the worst lineman to me. I'd rather give an unproven player a roster spot and save a little cap space than keep him.

mmikel30

Starter
Reaction score
I saw Mills basically give up on one play...he is to weak and slow to play.

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Jesse Davis and Calhoun are both terrible in pass protection. Along with Mills and Holden.

Now you know why I was asking if Prince was getting any reps. There's just no way he's not better than these guys. If he's not then he has no shot to play in the NFL.

Eesti

Rookie
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Why was Mills put at LT and not Sterup? Will Holden got the start at RT? This is a guy who sucked for AZ last year. Where was Davis? I thought I saw him at one point.

I plan on re-watching the game. That announcing crew is a comedy of errors. Dick Stockton needs to hang his spurs up. JT had to be thinking "WTH?".

I think he called Preston Williams by the wrong name but I can't remember what he said.

Birdmond

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Jesse Davis and Calhoun are both terrible in pass protection. Along with Mills and Holden.

Now you know why I was asking if Prince was getting any reps. There's just no way he's not better than these guys. If he's not then he has no shot to play in the NFL.
When you get a chance to watch the game get back to us. I’d love your opinion. I was shocked at how quick Prince looked. Even though it was against 3rd stringers I was very happy with Prince.

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Dieter was the only o linemen I was able to individually focus on. I wouldn't call his performance impressive by any means, but I was somewhat encouraged from what I saw from a first game of a mid round starter.

I really liked the intelligence I saw. He didn't seem to get overpowered and he made a lot of good switches when his blocking assignment was empty. It just looked like the game moved a little fast for him. There were multiple plays I saw where he made the correct read and went to assist other linemen in pass pro with their assignment, but he was just a step slow and ended up blocking no one. I think once he adjusts to the speed of the game he has a lot of promise.

laxcoach

Pirate Lacrosse King
Reaction score
How is it we haven’t heard one good thing about prince in practice reports, but he straight up looked like a player yesterday? His kick step at the snap was beautiful. He didn’t get overpowered. He drove players past the QB well too

DPhinz_DPhinz

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
It would have been funny if it weren't so sad, but the camera had a few replays directly behind both Fitzpatrick and Rosen and as soon as the ball was snapped the Falcons just bumrushed the middle of the line. Each time they did it I wrote, "JAILBREAK!" on the game thread.

Both QB's showed savvy to get away from that rush....

jimthefin

Scout Team
Reaction score
This O Line will get Fitz killed(don't really care) AND prevent Miami from properly scouting Rosen.

3-13 might have been optimistic.....Tua is ours.

nick1

I am Groot
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Well the rookies will improve and Tunsil didn't even play. Did jessie Davis?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom