The Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offensive Line

CA Dolfan

Dolphin fan since '72
Club Member
Reaction score
Is it me or did the offensive line look a little weak on Sunday? Pass protection didn't seem that great and there weren't blowing people of the line.

I still don't think the o-line has played well all year. Ricky earns every yard he gets. It's very disappointing when we have Ricky Williams and we have 2nd and 1 and are forced to punt two plays later.

Well, in defense of the O-Line, Lucas had 4-5 seconds to throw consistantly and Buffalo stacked the line allmost every play after the first quarter, so The only way that the line was gonna get cleared a bit would have been if Ray could pass effectively and force them back a bit... the O-Line did a great job considering that Buffalos LB's were able to just pin their ears back and attack all day long.

Wasnt the Bills Pat Williams in the backfield all day long??? I thought thats what i saw? And the week before it was McGlocton and Pryce!!!

Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, in defense of the O-Line, Lucas had 4-5 seconds to throw consistantly and Buffalo stacked the line allmost every play after the first quarter, so The only way that the line was gonna get cleared a bit would have been if Ray could pass effectively and force them back a bit... the O-Line did a great job considering that Buffalos LB's were able to just pin their ears back and attack all day long.

Ray Lucas made the o-line look bad. There were some bad plays for the o-line (the first fumble by Lucas on the reverse) was blown because of a missed blocking assignment. But the pass protection was pretty good. Lucas did a lot of double-clutching and pumping causing him to be pressured by the Bills. Lucas was too indecisive when he is playing in a scheme where he has to make a quick decision on where to throw the ball. He was trying to look like a pocket passer when he should have been playing to his own strenght. As soon as he double-pumped, he should've tucked the ball and ran for the first-down marker.

I believe he'll settle down and play much better in two weeks. But if he doesn't play any better, we'll be seeing Sage very soon.

I agree with finatical. The OL have to hold their blocks for long enough so Lucas can make a quick read and throw. He double and sometimes even triple pumped and was indecisive in the pocket.

He just has to release the ball on time.

Originally posted by Barbarian
exactly, it is much easier for DL to attack the LOS when they are not worried about the passing game. It lets the inside guys attacks gaps rather than worry about running lanes since they know that there 4-5 non-DL guys near the LOS to help them.

The protection was a different story - Ray could have used pristince protection to help him out, but in the OL's defense, he had that several times and threw it away or to the blue shirts :(

On the reverse, when Ray got thrown on his shoulder, it looked like it all fell apart. Not only did the momentum which was going our way take a huge swing back to Buff. Ray was dinged after that. Buffalo hunkered down and made plays, and we didn't make any plays after that. We wasted great field position and got our butts handed to us. I believe that will prove to be our ugliest game of the year. We have to break their serve when we play them in Buff.

Yeah, I agree Big Doug has plenty of time on his hands. Pretty pathetic. Why didn't you make one of those for the 20 times we beat you in a row? Or maybe one for all 4 SuperBowls that you failed to win in a row?

Props on the win Ray Lucas gave you, but you only proved that your team is pretty sad. 6 unexcusable takeaways and your offense fails to put up anymore points. A real team would've won by 30 or more. You guys just suck, and Dec 1st will prove that.

Back
Top Bottom