The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
after reading the Red Sox thread...I got excited. Football is winding down and Baseball is on the way!

I know we got some Mets fans here...so lets discuss the 2006 season!!!!!

clear.gif

Rocky Raccoon said:
after reading the Red Sox thread...I got excited. Football is winding down and Baseball is on the way!

Already playing 2nd fiddle to the Sox.. We miss you Pedro..

Time to bust out the '86 mets theme song since the new season is budding with optimism: "We got the team work, to make the dream work, Lets Go, Mets GO!"

just listened to Anna Benson on the Dan Patrick show... talk about a woman who's completely out of touch with real life and real life issues... she really just needs to stop talking...

PressCoverage said:
just listened to Anna Benson on the Dan Patrick show... talk about a woman who's completely out of touch with real life and real life issues... she really just needs to stop talking...

I loved the part when she said she can't help that her big breastes pop out!

No more Mika Pizza Boy.....:lol: Piazza always seemed to kill my Phillies. :tantrum:

muscle979 said:
Is Glavine still playing?

Yup. He was pretty good last year, too. 3.53 ERA, 1.36 WHIP, ERA+ of 118. Deserved better than his 13-13 record.

I'll miss Piazza, but he was such a defensive liability and injury risk that he had to go. I'll look forward to his Cooperstown induction as a Met around 2012.

The Mets are the worst run organization in the MLB..... that's coming from a Phillies fan which is pathetic. Your team looks great on paper this year but just wait 2 years when:

Wagner is on the DL when he reaggrivates his shoulder injury and you're paying him 11 mil a year

Delgado will try putting his glove on his right hand to see if it improves his defense, while slugging a whopping 23 HR's and batting .255 all while being paid 15 mil for his services

Pedro Martinez will be reduced to a 14.5 mil a year spot starter/ long reliever

And you'll have Milledge, Reyes, and Wright on the trading block looking to add the next Victor Zambrano to "solidify your rotation" for the post season run you won't be making. What would the Mets want to do with young talent? (See Scott Kazhmir)

So enjoy making a serious run at the playoffs this year only to lose to the braves in the final games, but just be ready to watch Ryan Howard slug 50 and the Phillies in the playoffs in 2007.

-riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide becky

Phil, I don't remember where you were singing the praises of Eric Junge as a dark horse for the Mets rotation, but forget it. Junge is a non-roster invitee to San Diego's camp.

RWhitney014 said:
Phil, I don't remember where you were singing the praises of Eric Junge as a dark horse for the Mets rotation, but forget it. Junge is a non-roster invitee to San Diego's camp.

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the info, though.

I think Heilman will get the 5th spot, with Maine working as a middle reliever/setup man for now.

phunwin said:

I think Heilman will get the 5th spot, with Maine working as a middle reliever/setup man for now.

I hope so, I liked what I saw from Heilman last year and I think he has some talent in that arm.

riding_becky said:
So enjoy making a serious run at the playoffs this year only to lose to the braves in the final games, but just be ready to watch Ryan Howard slug 50 and the Phillies in the playoffs in 2007.

-riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide becky

Is that when the Phills move down to the triple A level:sidelol:

phunwin said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're welcome. Don't think you want to be relying on a minor-league journeyman anyway.

RWhitney014 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're welcome. Don't think you want to be relying on a minor-league journeyman anyway.

Hey it worked for 1 New York team already last year....

(I agree with you though)

Back
Top Bottom