The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

haha Dice_k is unproven I really don't care theres no jealousy. Just reacting to some redsox fans chirping. I actually like your Dicek and jd drew signings. It makes you in the same boat as us as far as outragous spending and will take away one less argument when we win the division again.

Ah yes, this is true.

To quote Bill Simmons, those signings basically eliminated the difference between the Red Sox and Yankees.. except, Red Sox fans have jobs.

Actually right now I would take wang over schilling in a playof game. I'd feel much more comfortable pitching wang with over 200 innings under his belt over a season then Schilling at this point.

Actually right now I would take wang over schilling in a playof game. I'd feel much more comfortable pitching wang with over 200 innings under his belt over a season then Schilling at this point.

:sidelol:

This comment coming when its WANG on the DL as of today (who also happens to have major arm problems "under his belt").

Priceless... you're on a roll..

homersimpson5-1.jpg

Are you serious? That's the biggest homer statement I've heard in a long long time. Dude come on that's like someone saying they'd take J.J. Putz over Rivera in a playoff game, because Putz had a big year last year much like Wang did. Wang has had 1 big year so far, 1 year and hasn't proven much in the playoffs yet. Schilling was pitching and winning big games his whole career. Look up Schilling's playoff numbers first before you embarass yourself with statements like that. Schilling is only one of the biggest big game pitchers in the history of baseball. But by all means take Wang in a big game, because you'll be sitting on the couch with him watching the ALCS if you pick him over Schilling.

I'm not obviously basing this off past preformances in the playoffs. I'm basing this on I think Schilling is on the verge of being shot as a pitcher. Three years ago Schilling would be on my list of starting pitchers for a big game. # years ago yea. But today I think he's close to being shot. I think a whole season of pitching might send him over th edge. I bet Schilling will be getting dialed up in August. I'm not makin a homer statement I'd take Alotta guys over schilling I wouldn't have a couple years ago. And If you'd start him over Wang this postseason you'd be the one watching it from home after that game in my opinion.

I'm not obviously basing this off past preformances in the playoffs. I'm basing this on I think Schilling is on the verge of being shot as a pitcher. Three years ago Schilling would be on my list of starting pitchers for a big game. # years ago yea. But today I think he's close to being shot. I think a whole season of pitching might send him over th edge. I bet Schilling will be getting dialed up in August. I'm not makin a homer statement I'd take Alotta guys over schilling I wouldn't have a couple years ago. And If you'd start him over Wang this postseason you'd be the one watching it from home after that game in my opinion.

lets wait until Wang actually pitches this year before making a statement like that.

Alright Rocky thats a fair statement. But I still think Schilling is on his last legs as a pitcher.

Man that was brutal last night. If our bats could get going we would be off because we are pitching great. Okajima has been great so far, he looks like he could be a great 7th inning guy, nobody has been hitting him hard yet.

Hey Fin in RI I bet you 200 Phin Dollars that schilling doesn't win 13 games this year. Is it a deal?

Another impressive outing by Wakefield. Papelbon again was lights out striking out 3. Ortiz, Lowell, and Mirabelli go yard.

The only negative is the bats were quiet against Ohka the first half of the game when really they should have pounded him. The Sox are having trouble hitting away from Fenway.

Tomorrow should be dangerous with Taveraz pitching about Halladay. Too bad it can't rain in the Roger's Centre.

Back
Top Bottom