The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Outstanding job finding a way to win this game and this series. We wasted a very good performance from Daisuke on Tuesday, but we bounced back on Wednesday and then found a way to win today (something we had no business doing).

By the way, Alex Cora is such a good player. Whenever Tito gives him the chance to play, he always finds a way to impact the outcome of the game in a positive way.

Outstanding job finding a way to win this game and this series. We wasted a very good performance from Daisuke on Tuesday, but we bounced back on Wednesday and then found a way to win today (something we had no business doing).

By the way, Alex Cora is such a good player. Whenever Tito gives him the chance to play, he always finds a way to impact the outcome of the game in a positive way.

Cora is a beast of the bench. Did you see him turn that double play, that was the play of the game.

The only thing that bothered me today was Francona giving the ball to Timlin in a tie game in the 8th inning. There's no reason for him getting it in that situation. He hasn't shown he can handle that role and nearly blew it. Donnelly has impressed so far, and I'm assuming he wasn't available today but in the future, he should get the ball until Timlin proves himself.

Anyway Lester is making his last A ball start today or tomorrow, then he'll pitch in Triple A on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hannsack has been pitching pretty well in Triple A so he's putting pressure on Taveraz, who pitched very well today.

The Big 3 go this weekend. I hope the bats, specially the bottom of the order, heat up. I am nervous about Friday and Sunday's games as lefties are going on the mound and the Sox have major problems with them. Hopefully the Sox can cool off NY's hot bats.

I totally agree about Timlin, please stop using him in tough spots, or anytime in the 8th or 9th inning. Donnelly so far looks decent enough to be a setup guy this year, we need to find someone quick so Tito isn't calling Papelbon's name in the 8th inning this year. In other news, Papelbon is just a beast out of the pen. Watching him just throw it by hitters is pure joy, and he is absolutley nails at the end of the game. He looks even better than last year if that is possible.

I totally agree about Timlin, please stop using him in tough spots, or anytime in the 8th or 9th inning. Donnelly so far looks decent enough to be a setup guy this year, we need to find someone quick so Tito isn't calling Papelbon's name in the 8th inning this year. In other news, Papelbon is just a beast out of the pen. Watching him just throw it by hitters is pure joy, and he is absolutley nails at the end of the game. He looks even better than last year if that is possible.

It's scary watching Papelbon pitch. I mean the guy is just flat out dominate. The hitters can't even touch him. If he stays healthy there's no reason why he can't be a top 3 closer. The guy just has great stuff.

I wonder how Hansen and Delcarmen are doing in the minors.

It's scary watching Papelbon pitch. I mean the guy is just flat out dominate. The hitters can't even touch him. If he stays healthy there's no reason why he can't be a top 3 closer. The guy just has great stuff.

I wonder how Hansen and Delcarmen are doing in the minors.

Well here are some:

Hansack: 10.2 inn 1 ER 3 BB 20 K's

Delcarmen: 7.2 inn 2 ER 3 BB 11 K's

Hansen: 5.0 inn 1 ER 4 BB 6 K's

Some things that stand out are, WOW Hansack has been lighting folks up. Delcarmen seems to being doing well with only 3 BB and 11 K's. Hansen sadly doesn't have enough control yet to be effective. He will most likely be in the minors all year if Hansack keeps pitching the way he is. I hope Gagne stays healthy all year so we can have a shot at Otsuka.

Onto the Yankees.. Fenway is going to be electric for this weekend series. We know that Arod is going to be verbally abused during his stay in Boston, hopefully it rattles him a bit and he comes out of the comfort zone he's in. (Schilling buzzing him in his first AB would go a long way towards that as well.. ala Matsui in the 2004 ALCS)

If he gets off to a slow start tonight, it could potentially snowball into a rough series.

I'm still not buying this fast start he's off to right now, everyone already knew before this season that he was a GREAT regular season player, but lets see him do it when the chips are down. In a big situation, he's still the Yankee I want up at the plate.

Should be a fun series this weekend (and next). Will be interesting to see how the Big 3 do against that juggernut line up the Yankees have. It's too bad that all of the Yankees Big 3 of Wang, Mussina and Pettite aren't going this weekend. I am however worried about the bats against Pettite and Chase Wright. The Sox NEVER hit lefties (especially ones they haven't seen before either). Hopefully Wily Mo is in the line up tonight and Sunday.

The key to this series (for both teams really) is getting to the Yankees starters out of the game early and getting into that bullpen. The Yanks bullpen has been pretty good, I believe their pen has the best ERA in the MLB so far but they also have thrown the most innings.

Frustrating game so far. Bats are dead, rallies getting killed. Schilling didn't look right on the mound and was missing his spots etc. I'm shocked Coco didn't kill himself on that 2nd Arod homer.

Frustrating game so far. Bats are dead, rallies getting killed. Schilling didn't look right on the mound and was missing his spots etc. I'm shocked Coco didn't kill himself on that 2nd Arod homer.

What a game.. Sox looked dead till the 8th, then beat the heck out of Yankee relievers. Okjima has been nails so far, man he has looked good.

that's what I'm talking about baby! Varitek and Drew with the big bats tonight...and Okajima, wow :D

gotta give credit to Crisp too, he came through with that big hit to get things rolling...

BIG WIN TONIGHT. We had no business winning it but man good to see the Sox pick it up when it really counted. Cora again coming through for the 2nd night in a row with a big hit. The pen did really well again. Varitek had a big night so did Coco. Wow I'm still in shock we won this one.

that's what I'm talking about baby! Varitek and Drew with the big bats tonight...and Okajima, wow :D

gotta give credit to Crisp too, he came through with that big hit to get things rolling...

Cora was great also. He has had 2 great AB's now in the last 2 days. It's really fun getting to Rivera so often now.

Cora was great also. He has had 2 great AB's now in the last 2 days. It's really fun getting to Rivera so often now.
:lol: loved seeing Torre sweat...Cora definitely deserves credit as well, I'm just finally glad to see Jason come alive.

Back
Top Bottom