the official college hoops thread... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official college hoops thread...

I don't get the hate towards Barnes at all, I will not be happy to see him leave and I'm in my mid 30s so I guess I'm considered an older Carolina fan.

i don't know...barnes to me looks like a guy who is being held back at unc...like a guy who will flourish in the more one on one nba...he's got a money jump shot and form that will transfer out to the nba 3 point line...sometimes i think he needs to show some more passion and he definitely needs to work on his off the dribble in the lane game which will make a big difference at the next level...

to me he's a easy top 3 at worst selection...

as for rivers i agree with that kid needs to go as soon as possible...he's not a team player...it's all about him...very apparent when he's on the court driving to the rim 3 on 1 or pulling up 30 foot 3's...ball hawg

I don't get the hate towards Barnes at all, I will not be happy to see him leave and I'm in my mid 30s so I guess I'm considered an older Carolina fan.

No hate.....he seems like a great kid and obviously works his *** off to get better. Hes going to be a good pro for no other reason than he'll keep working at it until he figures out how to succeed.

I just find it difficult to root for a guy that obviously is not there to go to school. Him, Wright, Felton, Forte, McInnis.... I really wish they'd adopt the baseball way. You either go pro straight out of high school or you commit to school for a 2 or 3 yr period. Let the kids that want to be pros be pros, and let the idiotic GMs shoot themselves in the foot salivating over 17 yr olds kids that can jump out of the building.

if he just wants to be in the NBA why didn't he leave? he would have been a top 5 pick.

I do think he wants to win at the college level. All the guys at Carolina came back first to win and second because of the lockout. But even with the lockout Barnes made it clear if Henson and Zeller had gone he was going as well.

It was the smart thing to do, for him as well as Jones and Sullinger. I can't blame Irving for going pro after suffering his first major injury but he should have come back as well. They'll all get a lot more out of a season in college than they would have working out at some gym and getting thrown onto a team they're unfamiliar with and being given a week to learn how to play the game.

Cronin going off after the Cinci/Xavier mixup:

There is no excuse for that in basketball. You got to learn how to win on one side, you got to learn how to lose on the other side. All these kids all need to realize they are here to get an education. And playing in Europe isn’t really sexy. Eric Hicks just left to go to Israel. You think he wants to do that if he can get a good job over here?

These guys, very few of them are ever going to make a dollar playing basketball. They are here to get an education at two great universities and they need to appreciate that. The world don’t revolve around them, around basketball. They need to learn how to act, they need to have respect for the fact they are on a scholarship, that people come to see them play. That’s just the facts of college athletics.

I understand there is media and people asking for autographs, but it’s a prime example of guys thinking they are too important. And I am talking about everybody involved.
Too much glorification of all of sports in our society. The fact is, guys are here to get an education. They represent institutions of higher learning. Xavier has been a great school for years. We are trying to cure cancer at Cincinnati. I got to school at a place where they discovered the vaccine for polio and created Benadryl. I think that’s more important than who wins a basketball game. And our guys need to have appreciation for the fact they are there on a full scholarship. And they’re there to represent institutions with class and integrity. That’s that.

Indiana looks to be pretty decent this year. Undefeated so far, with Kentucky being the first game they only won by single digits.

Indiana is probably a yera ahead of schedule, they have great classes coming in. They will be a premiere program again real soon.

the freshman big zeller for indiana already has more nba upside and talent that his older brother at unc...kid really runs the floor well and has nice feet...whenever he comes out he's a top pick and one i would covet...

nice to see indiana mattering in hoops again...

Reggie Johnson's back for the Hurricanes, definitely good to have him back.

UNLV knocks off Illinois in Chicago this afternoon. They look pretty legit this year.

Back
Top Bottom