The Official Harvey Unga Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Harvey Unga Thread

I know that there's been interest in BYU's Harvey Unga, but I don't think they'll use a pick in the Supplemental Draft.

From what I know, there are going to be only four players in this year's draft.

RB Harvey Unga
RB Quentin Castille
RB Vanness Emokpae
DT Joshua Price-Brent

Word has it that Unga will likely get drafted and Price-Brent has an outside shot at being selected. Castille and Emokpae will go undrafted and will have a chance to catch on as a free agent with some team.

I think the only player the Dolphins will even consider giving up a draft pick for would be Unga. However, I would say the odds are very low that they would actually make the selection. I could see them putting in a 6th or 7th round pick claim and hoping he falls that far. Realistically he is probably going to go in round 5 but might even slip into round 4.

I think with Brown, Williams, Cobbs, Hilliard and Sheets currently battling, there just is no room to take a chance on Unga with a draft pick. If there is a shock and he goes undrafted, they would probably bang down his door with a contract offer. Don't expect the Dolphins to make any selections this year.

I will say this though, keep an eye on Price-Brent as a possible undrafted free agent signing. Would be worth a look maybe as a possible NT. 6-2, 321 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take this with a grain of salt, but I have heard they really like him and Ireland has had discussions with him, but I have no idea if they would draft him. Guy is an interesting prospect and one I really like.

I wouldnt mind seeing the DT come in Undrafted. If for some reason we go after unga i think we will try and trade sheets for a late pick or just dump him. Having 7 or so backs is a lot in camp.

i don't know but lombardi says he thinks it could cost a 3rd round pick...seems too pricey to me

The Dolphins are going to have a great year. Each time I review tape, I marvel at their execution. With a few more offensive playmakers, they will be tough to beat.

Even though i felt our offense was alright last year(though of course i will always want it to be better), i was a bit surprised to see our play execution so high. I'll settle for 4th when were only behind the Patriots, Saints, and Vikings.

i think we had such good execution cause we ran a lot of the short passing game and didn't put ourselves in 3rd and 10 or long very often...it seemed like we almost always had 3rd down but that it was a manageable distance despite not having an alpha receiver in the passing game...very methodical time consuming drives...i think the execution on o and the potential for quick strike chunk yardage plays only gets better with b marshall in toe...guy breaks a ton of tackles...something that we really didn't have last year...plus brings a real red zone weapon to the table...

Back
Top Bottom