The Official " I called it thread" Make your draft day Predictions on the Record! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official " I called it thread" Make your draft day Predictions on the Record!

:earlyriser:

During draft day, my predictions include:

• Brandon Graham if the Dolphins stay @ 12.
  • If they trade down into the teens, Iupati is the pick. Our interior line still has problems.
  • If they trade down into the 20s, Terrence Cody is the pick.
  • Two NTs will be drafted
  • Between the draft and the undrafted rookie signing period, at least 4 rookie LBs will be brought in
  • Between the draft and the undrafted rookie signing period, at least 3 rookie OL will be brought in
  • FS will be addressed after round 3, whether during the draft or the next FA signing period (June 1). We're hungry for a FS but absolutely starving for front 7 help.
  • Ronnie Brown will be traded. Something has to be done. He's expendable, given he's an injury prone, near 30 RB in a contract year. Three strikes against him. Either a 2nd or 3rd rounder, or 3rd rounder with an escalator clause that can become a 2nd rounder. Our team has other capable RBs already on the roster. With our OL, we're fine@RB regardless.
  • It's long been established that the Trifecta are big liars, so whoever they draft with the first pick, they'll predictably say, "this was our player all along." riiiigghhht :rolleyes2:
  • The Trifecta will get at least a 6th round pick with an escalator clause based on performance for Smiley. A few teams will get nervous as the draft progresses and guards drop off the board. Smiley is still a good G minus the injuries so someone will bite.
  • The Trifecta will try to trade down whenever possible to accumulate picks for 2011.
  • Bill Parcells will NOT be on a treadmill on draft day....or the day before that....or the day before that.....
  • Bill Parcells WILL conveniently forget to wear his hearing aids again so he'll have an excuse for ignoring people again, right Jason?
  • Tony Sparano is "not gonna be the Alabama coach"
  • Cam Cameron, a religious man, will be “.38 hot”, continuously calling Jeff Ireland throughout draft day to curse him out for trading away Ted Ginn and his ENTIRE family to SF.
  • If Dez Bryant is available when the Dolphins pick, Dez Bryant will be drafted (you can’t pass up top 5 value) and Dan Henning will proceed to do tequilla shots from Parcell’s crusty navel.
  • The Trifecta WILL draft linebackers who win bar fights (unlike Eddie Moore)
  • When it gets boring in round 7, to pass the time and get some good laughs in, The Trifecta WILL watch old videotape of The Immortal Dave Wannstache spewing his personnel logic (i.e. “What can Trent Green do that Jay Fiedler can’t?” …uhh, you mean besides going to Pro Bowls, throw less INTs, and not throwing lame ducks? Oh the pain….)
  • The Trifecta will do a drinking game while watching the old Wanntache footage. Every time he runs his hands through his hair or says the word “standpoint”, that’s a shot.
  • Every time the Dolphins are on the clock, Ricky will call Parcells yet again and promise him the biggest bowl hit ever if he gets a good, strong offensive lineman who can stay healthy.
  • Jeff Ireland will NOT, and I repeat WILL NOT tell us, "hey, we need that thumb to go this direction."
:firefox:

Its always fun to see if things you predicted come true. Lets make predictions on who you think we will pick on draft night. Ill start it off.

If we stay at 12 i believe the pick will be Derrick Morgan.

If we trade down it will be Everson Griffen or Jerry Hughes.

I want it to be Brandon Graham, but I think it will be Derrick Morgan if the Dolphins stay at 12. If they trade down, I agree with you that Griffen or Hughes could be the targets.

If Spiller is gone at 12 then we keep Ronnie and take Jason Pierre-Paul.
If we trade the pick then Kindle and Major Wright.

Derrick Morgan or Earl Thomas if we stay at 12.

If we trade down, it will be Jerry Hughes.

Although I would LOVE to get Spiller at #12, Parcells and Co wont go Offense since we got Marshall with our #43.

I see LB here all the way and a pass rusher specialty. That player is Brandon Graham.

I really think we trade down though and get a pick somewhere ahead of NE for a 2nd rd this year and a 3rd next. Im thinking they take McClain if they trade with SEA and pick ahead of NYG.

Seattle takes Spiller with the #12

Too bad becasue we need a return guy and Spiller can do that and take Ronnie Browns spot once he is traded.

I predict we trade up for FS Eric Berry. Not much talk of us trading up and he is a game changer and at a position we need to fill.

If we stay at #12 we pick WR Dez Bryant, he is a top five talent and BP always picks in twos.

Finally, if we trade down we pick OLB Brandon Graham, has BP most likley started the smoke screen with all the talk of his short arms. Remember the Dolphins coached the senior bowl and saw what a football player Graham is. Again filling a position of need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the earl thomas talk is a smoke screen..

I think we trade down a few spots say to like 16 and pick up Graham and pick up a second and get Cam Thomas for out NT spot

That is pretty much exactly the way I see it also. Dan Williams and JPP are two players that I see as undraftable. They do not have the motor Parcells looks for in a defensive player. The only way they take a player at 12 and don't TRY to trade down is if Berry falls to us. I really don't think Earl Thomas is an option either, he doesn't fit the size requirements that Parcells thinks is so important.

If for some reason he CAN'T trade down(find a trade partner) which is very likely since EVERY team is going to be considering trading down in such a deep draft, I can also see us taking Derrick Morgan with the 12th pick.

I really think they would love to get Brandon Graham with about the 15-19 pick and get a mid 2nd pick for the trade. Graham has the size and motor to be another Ware.

I Like Earl Thomas In The Teens But Please God Let The Nose Tackle Of Choice Be Cody Bc I Hate Dan Williams.

I'm going to make it very easy for all of you. Mike Teppers will be drafted by the Miami Dolphins in this draft. Bank on it, Mike Teppers. When the draft is over you can PM me or make a thread praising me. Then all shall bow down before me me and worship me.

Back
Top Bottom