***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 90 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

…..and confirmed. Pat is washed. Love you for life but PLEASE retire in the offseason. Wade is the one who did all the real recruiting for us and needs to be given a position with the team going forward. He’ll leave Utah in a heartbeat to come back.

Sorry, not going to sell me on vets no one wants on the buyout market and a bunch of undrafted bums again.

Venting because I’m super pissed! This front office has turned from top shelf to arguably one of the worse in the business. I’m speechless.
Miami being seriously tested here, it's not like we got the big 3 anymore.

Jimmy Butler is the Miami heat.

Fricken great basketball.... what a team, great job Spro doing the best with what you got.

If we can land Beal for Lowry + Duncan/Oladipo + #18 or a future first….. that would be amazing. Assuming that’s pick #18, we’d then have 3 trade-able firsts to move after the draft if we can get OKC to remove protections on our future 1 making it unprotected the following year.

Can easily move Herro + picks for a solid package to round out the roster beyond Beal/Butler/Bam. Lauri would be the dream get but I think he’s played himself out of even a Herro + multiple picks package.

Would target OG Anunoby, Myles Turner/Buddy Hield, or even a Colin Sexton/Kelly Olynyk type of package.

I’d re-sign Gabe regardless of what we do outside of a pipe dream Dame trade…. Let Strus walk unless he’s signing for a major discount. Bring back Love for the vet minimum. Zeller can GTFO. I’d look at some vet options like Josh Richardson, Will Barton, Jeff Green, etc.

Do find it interesting that our own mouthpiece, Barry Jackson, keeps pumping this Dame + Beal dream scenario. Someone inside the org is very obviously trying to get Micky to pony up but he’s always been hesitant and that new second tax apron is ridiculous!

Exciting times ahead. I think we’ll land Beal for matching salary and a pick, move Herro in a second deal for complimentary pieces, and I honestly think they’ll highly consider re-signing both Gabe and Strus, along with Love. The vets will follow either way, with just Beal alone added this team is the East favorites….. this is the Miami Heat so we know there will be a few unknowns that make their stamp next season as well (Jamal Cain and Orlando Robinson would be nice). Hopefully we keep Jovic — he’s now up to 6’10/235+ with guard skills and his shooting form + our shooting coaches will turn him into a sniper.

Brook Lopez is the most intriguing potential MLE option if we somehow remain eligible to utilize the full. But I see Milwaukee giving him close to $20 million per to return — they have no choice but to pay him and Middleton. Christian Wood is the guy I’d keep my eye on….. we have been interested in him for years and he’s a guy who doesn’t fit every system and there are only 6 teams with legit cap space. He’s not staying in Dallas.

Last edited:
We need to get this thread resurrected. I know we have a bunch of Heat fans on here.
I’ll get in on this with you bro.
I’m a little bummed about the Beal situation. Who knows, maybe he was adamant about going to PHX or maybe we didn’t want to give up anything of real value to get him. Feels like we could’ve gotten it done easily and it would have been something we looked back on as a great deal for us.
I don’t think we’re getting Dame. He’s been my favorite non Heat player for the last decade and I don’t think there’s anything we could give Portland for him that I would consider an overpay outside of Jimbo and Bam. It just feels like the usual story of us taking ourselves out of the market for upgrades by waiting on the player who never comes.
We can’t run it back next year, we have to throw our best offer at Portland and shoot our shot and if it fails we gotta pivot to something else fast. It feels like we have to get something big done before the draft because the worst thing we can do is use 18 to draft a player who won’t see the floor for at least a year.
If we miss out on Dame what’s the move?
I’d still be down with OG, Porzingas could be a nice fit, or PJ Washington.

Back
Top Bottom