***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

No Melo tonight for the Knicks and we're tied up at half. I know it's the regular season but I want to beat the Knicks. I hate that team.

Re: ***Official 2012-2013 Miami Heat Thread***

You would love to see the Heat play at a high level every game but truth is we are not going to see that until the playoffs. Knicks are hot from behind the arc, we will see how hot they are in May when they are facing a turned up Heat defense. I aint got no worries.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Lazy effort tonight, little to no momentum. When bosh comes in the game our momentum goes out the door. Bosh cant play defense worth a ****, just hurting us badly. The difference is, the knicks are scoring at ease with bosh in the game and the heat are having to work extra hard for there points because the knicks actually have a big man that can challenge lebron and wade in the paint. We arent gettin easy points. Bosh isnt help us on either end of the floor, we cut the lead to 7 going into the 4th with momentum, spoeltra changes the lineup and brings bosh into the game, the lead is now back up to 15..... This team better wake up fast, things just aint looking good right now for the heat.

embarrassed and humiliated in our house. The knicks just destroyed us on national television with carmelo on the bench!!!! we need changes and fast. We barely won the title last year and our flaws showed against the pacers last year, we need a big man to play defense in the paint, bosh looks like he dont even care. Line up needs to change
My lineup that fixes our problems
Cole
Wade
James
Bosh
Anthony

No fancy small ball ****, just put in a solid lineup and let these guys build some chemistry for the playoffs. Spoeltra always wants to get cute with smallball, we barely got past the freakin pacers with this small ball lineup, it has flaws and is starting to show its ugly head.

Everyone except Lebron played like **** tonight, to pin this on Bosh is moronic. Dont be a typical clueless Miami fan.

Everyone except Lebron played like **** tonight, to pin this on Bosh is moronic. Dont be a typical clueless Miami fan.

What are you a bosh homer ?? he was terrible tonight, tryin to defend him is just laughable. GTFO

No fancy small ball ****, just put in a solid lineup and let these guys build some chemistry for the playoffs. Spoeltra always wants to get cute with smallball, we barely got past the freakin pacers with this small ball lineup, it has flaws and is starting to show its ugly head.

Small ball didn't make its appearance until the finals. Against the Pacers Turiaf was starting and Joel still was playing 30+ minutes a game.

Spoelstra went bigger than he has all season against the Knicks with Haslem starting and Anthony seeing time off the bench. I don't know if its because of Battier still being hurt or if the annual lineup tinkering has already begun. I tend to think the latter.

Small ball didn't make its appearance until the finals. Against the Pacers Turiaf was starting and Joel still was playing 30+ minutes a game.

Spoelstra went bigger than he has all season against the Knicks with Haslem starting and Anthony seeing time off the bench. I don't know if its because of Battier still being hurt or if the annual lineup tinkering has already begun. I tend to think the latter.

yea but as soon as we cut the lead to single digits bosh was put back in and it went back up again to double digits. If bosh aint making his jumpers hes killin us, thats a fact. He cant defend worth a damn in the paint and its why the knicks were able to score at ease in the paint.

Bosh is a very good defender. There are certain guys he struggles against and Chandler is one of them. No real way around that....Anthony and Haslem aren't much better at containing the big man.

The problem I have with going big again is that you destroy the spacing on the floor and Bosh is the one that suffers. As a center with Battier in the corner hes been thriving, ask him to go against double teams inside and he'll struggle and tend to drift to the perimeter.

Its a conundrum. Last year with Anthony or Turiaf or whoever else they had in the middle the offense was ugly but for the most part effective. This year the defense has stunk it up, but there's no real evidence to show that its because of the small lineup. The starting lineup has been a very good defensive unit, if not up to the standards of last years team. They've slipped with Allen and Lewis on the floor.

That's gonna be the real dilemma Spoelstra faces. Hes got to figure out if Allen's impact on the defensive end of the court is fixable or not.

Bosh is a very good defender. There are certain guys he struggles against and Chandler is one of them. No real way around that....Anthony and Haslem aren't much better at containing the big man.

The problem I have with going big again is that you destroy the spacing on the floor and Bosh is the one that suffers. As a center with Battier in the corner hes been thriving, ask him to go against double teams inside and he'll struggle and tend to drift to the perimeter.

Its a conundrum. Last year with Anthony or Turiaf or whoever else they had in the middle the offense was ugly but for the most part effective. This year the defense has stunk it up, but there's no real evidence to show that its because of the small lineup. The starting lineup has been a very good defensive unit, if not up to the standards of last years team. They've slipped with Allen and Lewis on the floor.

That's gonna be the real dilemma Spoelstra faces. Hes got to figure out if Allen's impact on the defensive end of the court is fixable or not.

bosh is a very good defender? well thats your opinion but i have a different opinion on that, bosh is a + on the offensive of side but he is hurting us on the defensive of end. Joel makes us much stronger in the paint because he is a much better defender than bosh and hes a center that can get up there and block those shots. Everyone is in love with this small ball but as the season goes on and we get more embarrassed like yesterday you will than see many call for changes.

Yesterday they played small ball for about 10 minutes of the game, and outscored the Knicks during that time. The rest of the time they went with more traditional lineups with either Haslem or Anthony and played like crap. I'm willing to write off Joel's performance due to rust or whatever......we can usually count on him to provide more of a defensive presence than that. Still the team wasn't very good on either end of the court with him out there.

This team suffers mightily on the defensive end without Bosh. That's not an opinion......its a fact based on a couple years of evidence accrued. Now if you want to argue that the dropoff is more significant at his position than others that's fine, but you can't dispute the fact that when hes out the team defense struggles.

Yesterday they played small ball for about 10 minutes of the game, and outscored the Knicks during that time. The rest of the time they went with more traditional lineups with either Haslem or Anthony and played like crap. I'm willing to write off Joel's performance due to rust or whatever......we can usually count on him to provide more of a defensive presence than that. Still the team wasn't very good on either end of the court with him out there.

This team suffers mightily on the defensive end without Bosh. That's not an opinion......its a fact based on a couple years of evidence accrued. Now if you want to argue that the dropoff is more significant at his position than others that's fine, but you can't dispute the fact that when hes out the team defense struggles.

thats complete nonsense. We cut the lead to 7 yesterday when bosh was on the bench. We did this with joel. Knicks take a timeout, spoeltra puts bosh back in and boom 20 point lead again for knicks, game over. I didnt know there was this much bosh homers out there but my god, this dude is not a good defender. I dont care what facts you throw out, HE IS A TERRIBLE DEFENDER. He can score yes but without a center to get his back in the paint he is a huge liability on defense, we are gettin destroyed on defense because of him.

Back
Top Bottom