The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

Nate Campbell got robbed tonight. Timothy Bradley should have manned up. No question about that headbutt.

Chad Dawson on HBO tonight fight fans. Technically the best boxer out there, imo.

Wanna watch a great talent? Watch a Chad Dawson fight. The guys money. Speed, smarts, great jab... he's a boxing clinic.

Bernard Hopkins outpoints Roy Jones Jr. to avenge 1993 loss

bernardxlarge-1.jpg

Bernard Hopkins collapsed to his knees in his dressing room, drained from a brutal fight and exhausted by the end of his 17-year wait for revenge against Roy Jones Jr.

Two of their generation's greatest boxers just might have ended their careers together in a Las Vegas hospital Saturday night, but only Hopkins earned the right to leave with a victory.

Hopkins won a grueling unanimous decision in his long-delayed rematch with Jones, emphatically avenging his loss in the famed champions' first bout in 1993.

Although both fighters often appeared to be shadows of their former selves, the 45-year-old Hopkins (51-5-1, 32 KOs) dominated nearly every round of a light heavyweight fight filled with wily veteran tactics and fueled by obvious mutual dislike.

Hopkins punctuated his dominance with a stirring rebound from the 41-year-old Jones' punch behind his head and the ensuing in-ring fracas late in the sixth round at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Hopkins was hit behind the head twice and below the belt at least once during the bout, leaving him with spots before his eyes in the final rounds.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2010-04-04-hopkins-jones_N.htm

Vicious headbut ends any chance of a Chad Dawson comeback. Shame. Chad was really coming on in the 11th round.

professional boxing thread

figured i'd start a thread....got to be some boxing enthusiast on this forum...

anyone seen the 20 year old red headed mexican sensation in the 150 lb window with heavy hands and throws 7 punch combinations...he's the most entertaining young up and coming fighter i've seen in a while...guy throws bombs...saul something...absolutely not interested in defense ha ha

figured i'd start a thread....got to be some boxing enthusiast on this forum...

anyone seen the 20 year old red headed mexican sensation in the 150 lb window with heavy hands and throws 7 punch combinations...he's the most entertaining young up and coming fighter i've seen in a while...guy throws bombs...saul something...absolutely not interested in defense ha ha

Saul Alvarez...Yea I watched some of his fight vs Hatton...Only problem is...he is in the wrong weight class if he wants to keep winning...

i saw also that victor ortiz in april will fight berto on hbo...something tells me ortiz is gonna end up quiting in that one also...berto is a bad man

i saw also that victor ortiz in april will fight berto on hbo...something tells me ortiz is gonna end up quiting in that one also...berto is a bad man

Nice, I just wanna see Pacman vs Mayweather..it needs to happen. But overall I just enjoy watching Pacciao..so much fun to watch..

that fight sucked...heavyweights are just so damn dissappointing right now...we need an american bad *** to step the hell up...from where though i got no idea...klitcshko years ago i thought was gonna take the heavyweight torch and become the draw that we've been missing but he's got a glass jaw and when he gets hit goes into this clutch crap...its just boring...dudes body though is intimidating that kinda length on that kind of physical specimen...jeesh...

i'm all about the amir khans the saul alvarez etc of the sport...saul alvarez is gonna be a freakin superstar in this decade...khan is uberskilled also...but alvarez thats my guy...that dude will kill you...love the way he fights...i think he's the next big mexican and boxing draw

i'm gonna go ahead and call it right now and mayweathers hand speed is gonna out point ortiz to death...mayweathers gonna get ahead on the scorecard and then go into counting down the rounds mode...a boring fight

zab judah amir khans way too talented...better hit him with a big shot early

Back
Top Bottom