The Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 1 Game Left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 1 Game Left

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
The Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 1 Game Left (Updated After Bmore Loss/SD Win)

Really didn't care to do one of these this week as I'm seriously disappointed in the overall effort we put out there today, but after the Ravens loss and the Chargers win, things certainly have looked up.

One Important Tidbit:

With the Jets win over the Cleveland Browns, we are officially unable to make the playoffs at 8-8. We lose the tiebreak to the Jets as we'd both finish 8-8 and they would have a better division record than us. Had they lost, Miami would of won any 3 or more team tiebreak at 8-8.

Overall Record 9-7 / Conference Record (8-4)

#1 - Miami MUST win their 1 p.m. eastern game next week at home against the NYJ.

Assuming #1, these 2 possible scenarios:

If the Ravens lose their 1 p.m. eastern game against Cincinnati next week, we are in.
Miami would be 9-7 and Baltimore would be 8-8. Even if San Diego is 9-7 with a win over Kansas City, we own the head to head tiebreak over them

IF the Ravens win their 1 p.m. eastern game against Cincinnati next week, then we need San Diego to win their 4:25 eastern game against KC next week to be in.
This means all 3 teams would finish 9-7 and we would own the tiebreak over San Diego and Baltimore with 8 conference wins. Baltimore would have 7 and San Diego would have 6.

These are your 2 scenarios for Miami to get into the playoffs this season.

If Baltimore wins next week against the Bengals to finish 9-7 and San Diego DOES NOT win next week and finish 8-8, we are eliminated from the playoffs because of the head to head loss to the Ravens earlier in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/video]

Im really worried about SD going against KC. I don't think KC is going to rest players

Im really worried about SD going against KC. I don't think KC is going to rest players

Chargers beat the Broncos. They can play with anyone when Rivers is hot.

But yes, I think our best chance is for the Bengals to play hard for a shot at the #2 seed next week and dump the Ravens. Cincinnati is very good at home.

Can we delete this please. Who cares about the playoffs....I hope everyone that wants playoffs is ready for a replay of today.

What Miami needs to happen in the afternoon games so far is happening. Chargers up 20-10 and Ravens down 20-0.

If those scores hold, every team vying for the 6th spot will need help next week.

Guys I still can't for the life of me figure out why SD is relevant in this convo? Why are we rooting for them? If they lose out doesn't that just put us up against Balt?

Guys I still can't for the life of me figure out why SD is relevant in this convo? Why are we rooting for them? If they lose out doesn't that just put us up against Balt?

Conference record. ..we would get the tiebreaker.

We need them in a potential 3 way tie at 9-7 between us, SD and Bmore. If its just Bmore and us at 9-7, we lose because Bmore beat us earlier in the year. If its all 3 of us, we win the tiebreak because we have 8 conference wins, Bmore 7 and SD 6.

three way tie with BAL and SD e win due to conference record

What Miami needs to happen in the afternoon games so far is happening. Chargers up 20-10 and Ravens down 20-0.

If those scores hold, every team vying for the 6th spot will need help next week.

Correct, if the scores hold, neither Miami, SD or Bmore control their own destiny. Which is pretty weird.

Updated after the Patriots win over the Baltimore Ravens and the San Diego Chargers win over the Oakland Raiders

Looking at the schedule for next week.

We somehow need to play at the same time as the Ravens/Bengals and the Chargers/Chiefs. Would be great if all 3 games were at 1 p.m. or the Chargers game at 1 p.m. and our game and the Ravens game is at 4, but I know that is unlikely with the Chargers game being a west coast game. Last thing we need is San Diego with nothing to play for which would be the case if Baltimore or Miami wins before them.

Chargers and Chiefs are division rivals. I don't think either of them will play soft. Expect a good matchup there no matter what.

However, best chance is probably for the Ravens to lose to Cinci. Cinci is 7-0 at home this year. VERY tough place to win on the road.

With the way the team played today I'm just hoping they can beat the Jets. Then I'll worry about the rest playing out.

Looking at the schedule for next week.

We somehow need to play at the same time as the Ravens/Bengals and the Chargers/Chiefs. Would be great if all 3 games were at 1 p.m. or the Chargers game at 1 p.m. and our game and the Ravens game is at 4, but I know that is unlikely with the Chargers game being a west coast game. Last thing we need is San Diego with nothing to play for which would be the case if Baltimore or Miami wins before them.
Yes, they need to all play at the same time. However, I don't see CBS moving them so they are all at 4. Would leave them with a pretty bad 1:00 slate of games.

Back
Top Bottom