the official Rex Hadnot thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official Rex Hadnot thread...

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
alright... so what's with this guy? talk about him is really picking up...

anyone see him in college?... i barely got a conscious look at him last season, and the pre 04 draft reports said he was very football smart, and good in pass protection... but short and lacking quickness... "a potential quality backup"

if the promise is true and it's not all hype, an emergence at a wide open position would be most most welcomed... is Houck molding him? what's the deal with all the chatter?

any insight into his college career?

discuss

I have no idea about his college career. But there is no real hype about this guy, theres just facts. Offensive linemen usually don't get hype. When you hear they're doing good, and impressing the coaches (Which Rex is currently doing) that means exactly what it says. They're doing good and diserve to be acknowledged for it.

I'm really high on this guy and am really rooting for him to continue the progression and win a starting job in our Offensive Line. I would like to see him at Center, but he doesn't have very much experience there (playing G most of his college career) and that could cause a major problem. He would be an EXCELLENT RG for us, but I was kind of hoping Vernon Carey would excell there as well.

Hadnot is a pretty big guy at 6'2" 323lbs. I know he played RG for us last year... I'm not sure if this means anything but NFL.com has him listed as Center http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492949

Here's a scouting report on him.

OVERVIEW
Versatile lineman who shifted from offensive guard to center as a senior and was rewarded for his stellar performances by being named the best center in Conference USA … A forceful run blocker with the speed and agility to pull on traps and counters, he is also a punishing pass protector with a strong base and good upper-body strength … Moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore, manning the left guard position … Was listed on the 2003 Lombardi Award and Rimington Award watch lists.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a big, wide lower-body frame, soft mid-section, developed shoulders and arms … Has adequate quickness at the snap to get into the defender's chest … Gets good movement with his initial pop and the strength to sustain at the point of attack … Shows a strong hand punch to jolt pass rushers and does a nice job of picking up stunts … His good hand placement allows him to steer out defenders working in the short area.

Negatives: Takes short, choppy steps and is too heavy-legged to consistently get to the point of attack (maintains position once he gets there) … Shows good hand placement, but fails to lock out, especially when redirecting … Short-area puller, at best, as he lacks the speed to get out on the edge and struggles to get to the second level … Can only control in the short area when pass protecting, as he will open the gate on twists, as he has trouble picking up his feet.

AGILITY TESTS
5.5 in the 40-yard dash … 385-pound bench press … Bench presses 225 pounds 28 times … 545-pound squat … 285-pound power clean … 4.76 20-yard shuttle … 7.97 three-cone drill … 24½-inch vertical jump … 30¾-inch arm length … 9 7/8-inch hands … Right-handed.

From the sound of it, I really think that most have his negatives can be imrproved upon under Houck's coaching. I think he's a pretty solid player, and that Houck will have him in the starting lineup at possible RG or C.

Everyone is saying we should move him to center cause he played it in college. As you can see in his bio, he moved to center his senior year. He's a natural guard and I would like to leave him there.

painnotpleasure said:
I'm really high on this guy and am really rooting for him to continue the progression and win a starting job in our Offensive Line. I would like to see him at Center, but he has no experience there and that could cause a major problem...
The guy was said to have been one of the best centers coming out of college.

Facts speak for themselves. Rex Hadnot didn't allow a single sack last season, which is amazing considering our horrendous line play.

popularwar said:
The guy was said to have been one of the best centers coming out of college.
I should have said doesn't have much experience.* My bad. I've just been hearing that around here because he only played Center his Senior year and that he is a natural guard. I am really rooting for him to be Center and for Vernon Carey to RG. I believe Hadnot would be a good Center, what concerns me though is his judgement at playing calling... and at Center that's a pretty big responsiblity.

painnotpleasure said:
I'm really high on this guy and am really rooting for him to continue the progression and win a starting job in our Offensive Line. I would like to see him at Center, but he has no experience there and that could cause a major problem. He would be an EXCELLENT RG for us, but I was kind of hoping Vernon Carey would excell there as well.

Hadnot is a pretty big guy at 6'2" 323lbs. I know he played RG for us last year... I'm not sure if this means anything but NFL.com has him listed as Center http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492949

Here's a scouting report on him.

OVERVIEW
Versatile lineman who shifted from offensive guard to center as a senior and was rewarded for his stellar performances by being named the best center in Conference USA … A forceful run blocker with the speed and agility to pull on traps and counters, he is also a punishing pass protector with a strong base and good upper-body strength … Moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore, manning the left guard position … Was listed on the 2003 Lombardi Award and Rimington Award watch lists.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a big, wide lower-body frame, soft mid-section, developed shoulders and arms … Has adequate quickness at the snap to get into the defender's chest … Gets good movement with his initial pop and the strength to sustain at the point of attack … Shows a strong hand punch to jolt pass rushers and does a nice job of picking up stunts … His good hand placement allows him to steer out defenders working in the short area.

Negatives: Takes short, choppy steps and is too heavy-legged to consistently get to the point of attack (maintains position once he gets there) … Shows good hand placement, but fails to lock out, especially when redirecting … Short-area puller, at best, as he lacks the speed to get out on the edge and struggles to get to the second level … Can only control in the short area when pass protecting, as he will open the gate on twists, as he has trouble picking up his feet.

AGILITY TESTS
5.5 in the 40-yard dash … 385-pound bench press … Bench presses 225 pounds 28 times … 545-pound squat … 285-pound power clean … 4.76 20-yard shuttle … 7.97 three-cone drill … 24½-inch vertical jump … 30¾-inch arm length … 9 7/8-inch hands … Right-handed.

From the sound of it, I really think that most have his negatives can be imrproved upon under Houck's coaching. I think he's a pretty solid player, and that Houck will have him in the starting lineup at possible RG or C.
I hope he can land at center, because he would protect our quarterback better, so they just don't shoot up the middle. I think he could learn the center position, and be better then Mr. Sweat!

painnotpleasure said:
I should have said doesn't have much experience.* My bad. I've just been hearing that around here because he only played Center his Senior year and that he is a natural guard. I am really rooting for him to be Center and for Vernon Carey to RG. I believe Hadnot would be a good Center, what concerns me though is his judgement at playing calling... and at Center that's a pretty big responsiblity.

I'd rather place that responsibility on me or you, and I would be more comfortable than I am with freakin' Seth McKinney shouldering that burden. McKinney has enough trouble shouldering his own fat ***, he doesn't need anymore.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'd rather place that responsibility on me or you, and I would be more comfortable than I am with freakin' Seth McKinney shouldering that burden. McKinney has enough trouble shouldering his own fat ***, he doesn't need anymore.
:lol: I think it's almost safe to say that 99.9% of everyone here aren't happy with Seth as our Center. I agree.

they listed him being too short, first of all im my football teams best lineman and im not even 5'9'', why does being only 6'2'' count for a guard, for a tackle there would be wingspan issues, but guards are usually in contained areas blocking and pushing a pile except for on pulls where they usually take on linebackers which shouldnt be a problem for a stout, powerful player like hadnot. i just get sick of all this stuff about how a player HAS to be a certain height or weight or speed when they are great football players not athletes.

Before this thread I had not known of any one or player named hadnot. I had not had a reason discuss hadnot as I hadnt known of hadnot. Now if I had known of hadnot, I also wouldnt of had to discuss why I hadnt known of hadnot as I would of known hadnot and would be discussing him as I would of known of hadnot.

rainmaker1313 said:
Before this thread I had not known of any one or player names hadnot. I had not had a reason discuss hadnot as I hadnt known of hadnot. Now if I had known of hadnot, I also wouldnt of had to discuss why I hadnt known of hadnot as I would of known hadnot and would be discussing him as I would of known of hadnot.

my head hurts :shakeno: if i had not known of hadnot i may have not been so....

Back
Top Bottom