The Official Scenario for the Dolphins to get into the Playoffs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Scenario for the Dolphins to get into the Playoffs

Clay Matthews was sitting right behind Vontae Davis that year and we could of easily selected him . . . I think Hakim Nicks was there as well . . .no?

The Fins getting to the playoffs means A. They beat New England in New England . . . and B. More than likely a rematch the following week in New England. New England isn't laying down as they want a bye . . . and the Fins have a defense that can keep them in games . . . they just need some creativity on offense. Hell I'd take a playoff spot over a better draft pick . . . oh hellz yea.

Yes and yes. I was pissed that we didn't take Nicks.

One game, just one stinkin game more that was a win and we'd actually be right in the middle of this thing legitimately. Damn. :/

Yep, if we just found a way to win that first game against the Jets, The Fins would only need Cincy to drop a game against either the Steelers or Ravens in the final 2 weeks and they would control their own destiny. Give us the Jets and Cards (the OT losses) we would be in the driver's seat.

Playoffs or no playoffs, if this team finishes out with three wins, including a week 17 victory at Foxboro, I will feel a lot better about them going into the offseason than I will if we **** the bed and get blown out 52-13 to end the season.

Of course, I'm not even sure this group can avoid being swept by Buffalo, so, uh, baby steps, I guess.

I can see it now.... Everything that needs to happen will happen. The Dolphins will be right on the doorstep of the playoffs and the Pats kick us right in the nuts.

I can see it now.... Everything that needs to happen will happen. The Dolphins will be right on the doorstep of the playoffs and the Pats kick us right in the nuts.

Would be against all odds. But if everything did fall in place and we beat the Patriots to make the playoffs our 1st opponent in the playoff would be

"you guessed it"

The patriots.

So there is definitely alot of confusion about how the Fins can get in.

Let's get the MUST things out of the way:

First off, Miami MUST beat Buffalo AND NEW ENGLANDto finish the season 8-8.......

GAME OVER. End of Story!

Money lines are lower than I expected, in the -210 range. That means it's theoretically less than 50/50 that both Miami and Pittsburgh win this weekend. I used the man-to-man money line price of -195 for a truer perspective. It's roughly 43.7% chance that the Dolphins and Steelers win.

If we get in at 8 and 8 it will go a long way towards making up for the season we missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record (which is virtually unheard of). It will also mean we aren't as bad as perceived, since we'd still be better than a lot of teams in the AFC that don't get in. Go figure?

Thanks for the effort amigo but I skipped through most of that since there really is no point. Next year though. Maybe.

Yep, if we just found a way to win that first game against the Jets, The Fins would only need Cincy to drop a game against either the Steelers or Ravens in the final 2 weeks and they would control their own destiny. Give us the Jets and Cards (the OT losses) we would be in the driver's seat.

I will raise you one KDawg.....

The Jests game. I said it when it happened that game would be a killer come years end. You just cant lose games at home to inferior teams. The Jests are one of the worst teams in the league. Playing them in Miami is one of the easiest games on our schedule. The blown kicks by Crapenter as well as Tannehill playing like dog**** in this game cost us dearly.

With just that win, we would be much better off in these scenarios right now. But, couple it with NOT the Arizona game, but the PATS GAME!!!!!

HOME DIVISIONAL games. You gotta win them. Our defense handed us this game on a silver platter. Yet AGAIN in a divisional game, Tannehill played like complete dog****, costing us the opportunity to win.

Had we won those 2 games, not only would we be 8-6 right now and in the drivers seat for a WC, we would control our own destiny to WIN THE DIVISION! The pats would be 9-5 right now had we beaten them. If we had beaten them and the Jests AT HOME then we could win the last 2 to take the division.

The bottom line is we have to play better in the division. You cant lose at home in the division. You cant lose road games to trash teams like Buffalo. Hell, we couldve beaten Buffalo on the road too if Tannehill had not played like dog****. Tannehill has been trash in every divisional game this season. The only one we were victorious in so far was the game Matt Moore lead us to victory in NY.

This team simply isnt a playoff caliber team. The defense is certainly playoff caliber. The offense MUST get better in order for us to compete. We MUST get some talent on that side of the ball and Tannehill simply has to play much better if we are going to win.

I will raise you one KDawg.....

The Jests game. I said it when it happened that game would be a killer come years end. You just cant lose games at home to inferior teams. The Jests are one of the worst teams in the league. Playing them in Miami is one of the easiest games on our schedule. The blown kicks by Crapenter as well as Tannehill playing like dog**** in this game cost us dearly.

With just that win, we would be much better off in these scenarios right now. But, couple it with NOT the Arizona game, but the PATS GAME!!!!!

HOME DIVISIONAL games. You gotta win them. Our defense handed us this game on a silver platter. Yet AGAIN in a divisional game, Tannehill played like complete dog****, costing us the opportunity to win.

Had we won those 2 games, not only would we be 8-6 right now and in the drivers seat for a WC, we would control our own destiny to WIN THE DIVISION! The pats would be 9-5 right now had we beaten them. If we had beaten them and the Jests AT HOME then we could win the last 2 to take the division.

The bottom line is we have to play better in the division. You cant lose at home in the division. You cant lose road games to trash teams like Buffalo. Hell, we couldve beaten Buffalo on the road too if Tannehill had not played like dog****. Tannehill has been trash in every divisional game this season. The only one we were victorious in so far was the game Matt Moore lead us to victory in NY.

This team simply isnt a playoff caliber team. The defense is certainly playoff caliber. The offense MUST get better in order for us to compete. We MUST get some talent on that side of the ball and Tannehill simply has to play much better if we are going to win.

Yes.....and what if the center of the Earth were made of cheese......

If this happened or if that happened. Our fanbase is full of "IF'S".

We are who we thought we are. Medicore with some talent on D but not playoff material.

Its ok though as there is always next year. Sigh

Back
Top Bottom