the official senior bowl week discussion thread... | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official senior bowl week discussion thread...

I don't post much on here anymore up until draft time, but I remember CK was very high on Rodgers in regards to the 2005 draft. When everyone was hanging off of Alex Smith's nuts CK was steadfast on Rodgers being his top pick. I'm not going on search through the archives to pull a rabbit out of my arse, but I will stand behind CK on this one 100%. Now please let's fast forward to 2012 and argue about the QB's in this class right now.

alright now...stay on your end of the couch...

Haha, I'm just messing with you hoops. Trying to get away from the battle royal fiasco going on.

I haven't been able to watch the Senior Bowl practices cause of work, are you going to do a recap? I always enjoy discussing the draft with you as well.

no worries...comes from my line of work...i work in the insurance industry where everything must be in the notes or it didn't happen it seems...and they care less about punctuation and capital letters...

Interesting that on NFLN Davis and Mayock thought that Weeden had good, but not elite arm strength. I hear people hear describing his passes as causing "vapor trails", but I am not hearing the analysts going crazy over his velo.

As much as I love Weeden's arm, "vapor trails" doesn't necessarily come to mind. And by that I mean some of the ridiculous frozen ropes that I've seen from, for example, Elway and Brady. It's a great arm- powerful, accurate, and he can make all the throws. Maybe more of a Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford type arm, although I do love Stafford's arm and like Bradford's. But don't get me wrong- Weeden's arm is powerful imo, top notch in my book.

Later tonight or tomorrow Scott Wright from Draft Countdown will release his Wednesday Senior Bowl report, and there will be plenty on Weeden. I'm curious as to what he'll have to say, because he's an admirer of Weeden, but hasn't been a huge fan given the age issue and some other concerns from what I recall. He likes Weeden but as of several weeks ago doesn't love him. Maybe the last couple of practices altered his opinion, I don't know. His, like everyone else's, will be just an opinion, but I'm curious as to what paradigm shift might occur in general concerning Weeden during and after Senior Bowl week.

no worries...comes from my line of work...i work in the insurance industry where everything must be in the notes or it didn't happen it seems...and they care less about punctuation and capital letters...

*Shrug*. I break into computers.

I don't post much on here anymore up until draft time, but I remember CK was very high on Rodgers in regards to the 2005 draft. When everyone was hanging off of Alex Smith's nuts CK was steadfast on Rodgers being his top pick. I'm not going on search through the archives to pull a rabbit out of my arse, but I will stand behind CK on this one 100%. Now please let's fast forward to 2012 and argue about the QB's in this class right now.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom