the official senior bowl week discussion thread... | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official senior bowl week discussion thread...

all i've seen the last 2 days is jake bequette playin standin up...i don't get it unless they just want to get looks from him at lb...to me he's a 43 end is the reason cause he's undersized that i see him standing up so much???

upshaw is just killin that flo st tackle in a drill about setting the edge...man...

Jake standing up would be because it's the Redskins. They probably see him as Ryan Kerrigan type.

i'm at the point now with what i've seen from upshaw that i don't even care about his height...this kids the goods...if we stay in a 34 i think we should take him...he makes it look easy...very polished and man does he get under guys pad level and the strength in his hands to discard guys like rag dolls...man

color me convinced...

ingram is showing a nice arm over inside move also...so he's got a bull rush which imo doesn't have quite the same pop and power as upshaws a spin move and now an arm over...

coples with a nice win against cordy glenn...

Did anyone else set their DVRs to record the South practice only to find that it recorded the lame Pro Bowl skills competition.
? Talk about disappointment.

Hear Josh Norman got brought up and will practice tomorrow. That's pretty cool. Dominated Shrine practices like no DB I've seen over the last three years.

i think jeff fuller has trouble creating separation down the field...i see a lot of guys in his hip...long strider imo he gets open cause he runs solid routes...but imo i see a lot of tight windows for the qb with fuller

All of the Senior Bowl blogs are dogging Fuller's play. Seems like his stock is down around the 5th round now & still dropping.

that is cool that norman will be there...i hope we get to see him in some press one on one drills and off man etc...but being its thursday probably be a lot of specials and meh field work...

only guy i saw give upshaw and coples fits in one on ones was cordy glenn...

I think Thursday practices are underrated personally. I'll be watching. Long as they don't screw me over again with Pro Bowl stuff even though the program guide said it was Senior Bowl practice.

If anything the embarrassing thing is just that I liked Matt Leinart so damned much.

But what can I say?

When I read the old thread before I saw any of the things afterwards, my first thought was, "He didn't say anything really off on Rodgers, but damned was he wrong on Leinart."

In scouting, and with the draft, you have to be ok being wrong, and you have to be willing to have a strong enough opinion on players to look bad a few years later.

If anything, the worst thing I've read in the thread is that Miami fans owe everything to Alabama because their former OC took over and built Miami's program. That's no more true than Alabama fans should be graveling at Texas A & M's feet.

When I read the old thread before I saw any of the things afterwards, my first thought was, "He didn't say anything really off on Rodgers, but damned was he wrong on Leinart."

In scouting, and with the draft, you have to be ok being wrong, and you have to be willing to have a strong enough opinion on players to look bad a few years later.

If anything, the worst thing I've read in the thread is that Miami fans owe everything to Alabama because their former OC took over and built Miami's program. That's no more true than Alabama fans should be graveling at Texas A & M's feet.

It doesn't matter. As I showed later with actual posts of mine that did come about a week before the 2005 Draft, Slimm was way out of line. Another poster that was around back then confirmed it, I was a Rodgers man through and through heading into that Draft. I had Aaron Rodgers as the best QB, and I had him as the guy I would take #2 overall or if the Dolphins were picking #1 overall I'd have taken him there as well. I already admitted that I bought into the Miami hype line of reasoning that said we should trade down and not worry about QB yet, and I admitted that before Slimm said anything. I'd just assume let his misguided assumptions lay where they lay.

It doesn't matter. As I showed later with actual posts of mine that did come about a week before the 2005 Draft, Slimm was way out of line. Another poster that was around back then confirmed it, I was a Rodgers man through and through heading into that Draft. I had Aaron Rodgers as the best QB, and I had him as the guy I would take #2 overall or if the Dolphins were picking #1 overall I'd have taken him there as well. I already admitted that I bought into the Miami hype line of reasoning that said we should trade down and not worry about QB yet, and I admitted that before Slimm said anything. I'd just assume let his misguided assumptions lay where they lay.

I remember as well...believe it or not, I've been around since like 2002. If I hadn't come up with a name when I was like 13, I would have realized it sounds like a Dolphin venereal disease and had a more memorable name.

It's good the thread got back on track, because you two both bring a lot to the discussion...

Does it really matter? That whole thing is done with and this is a Senior Bowl thread.

As for the Senior Bowl, it's good to continuously get good reports about the way Brandon Weeden is performing. He's a very talented guy that is getting a huge notch because of age. Although I've it before and I will say it again, if we could possibly get 6-7 GREAT years out of him, that's something I'd tale cause it is easily more than what we've received in recent memory.

One of the things I predicted about him in the Senior Bowl is that he'd look really natural and rhythmic dropping back from under center throughout the week, showing feet that people didn't think he had for whatever reason. I think that's coming to fruition. The reason I keep calling him The Natural or Roy Hobbs. Everything he does looks natural to him, like he came out of the womb doing it.

I think when it comes down to Coples v. Upshaw, it boiles down to which D will we run? IMO if we switch to a 4-3, COples is easily our Pick unless we grab a 43 DE in FA. If we stay with the 34, Upshaw leapfrogs Coples, but that does not make Upshaw our runaway draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom