The Official Seriously? Do NOT Retain Tony Sparano! Merged x3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Seriously? Do NOT Retain Tony Sparano! Merged x3

Miamifinz

On to the next (year)
Reaction score
My oh my, how can so many people support keeping this guy? Congrats, he kept a locker room full of 0-7 players together. The problem is, he was the main reason we started the way we did. This conservative philosophy will not magically go away, it will continue to rear its ugly head late in games, and continue to bite us in the arse.

The playcalling has improved, but I feel this is because we got off to that awful start! He has had no choice but to be more aggressive and let loose. We never flew at the ball like we have these past few weeks! As soon as we get to next year, he'll go back to that tight, overdisciplined crap that will cause us to sputter out of the gates once again.

FIRE. Sparano. A classy, yet horrible coach.

Being a Dolfan since I was 12 years old is a very long time for my heart to grow around a team.. but these last 8 years or so have pushed me away in a big way.. If Sparano is the head coach next year.. There is a very good chance I wont be able to find it in me to be the Dolphins biggest fan any longer..

Being a Dolfan since I was 12 years old is a very long time for my heart to grow around a team.. but these last 8 years or so have pushed me away in a big way.. If Sparano is the head coach next year.. There is a very good chance I wont be able to find it in me to be the Dolphins biggest fan any longer..

Agreed. I have been a Fin fan since I was 7, and the past decade has been a really frustrating one as this team has driven me into the arms of the Steelers, especially when the team won the Super Bowl my first year living in Pittsburgh. At that point, I said, "So THAT'S what it feels like to win!" Tony Sparano only wishes he could carry Mike Tomlin's jockstrap.

To all of you guys saying you won't be fans if he stays, go ahead and leave. If you are not a fan and you want to voice your displeasure than don't go to the game, dont show your face on this board. If you are serious than you should get out, as they say talk is cheap.

all of you are funny and don't really look at the big picture.

Jags , Eagels , Chargers , Chiefs , Colts, Vikings all could have openings even more then that.

So what if all the big name coaches go there like fisher, gruden , cowher , billick etc who are we gonna get? some random coordinator? or college coach?

well see how everything plays out.

To all of you guys saying you won't be fans if he stays, go ahead and leave. If you are not a fan and you want to voice your displeasure than don't go to the game, dont show your face on this board. If you are serious than you should get out, as they say talk is cheap.

yeah, not to mention they will be giddy as schoolgirls soon as we annouce some new name, then be bashing him in a year and half after setting us back on another rebuild.

for people who keep talking about history and saying "lets not keep doing the same thing over and over" they sure LOVE the idea of doing the same darn thing once again.

johnson - rebuild, Wanny - Gone, rebuild, Saban, tear it down rebuild, Parcells tear that atrocity down - rebuild. . . we have gotten worse and worse since our glory days where we had the same head coach and many players for decades, each time we "rebuilt" we took steps back . . not until Jeff ireland and bill parcells did we get semi-respectable again, after wanny's almost there seasons. now we have a solid core finally again, comprised of so many young guys - and the only thing that can hold some of you "Fans" is "destroy! rebuild!"

i'll take the opposite position - please dont make the same f'n mistake again!

Not sure I want him to stay and not sure I want him gone. A couple things I DO know.

1. There is not but MAYBE one or two at the MOST, coaches out there that this fan base would be happy with over a 2 or 3 year period. Look at Tampa for example. They had the best young QB, the best young coach, and had all their ducks in a row jus a few months ago. Now they are in nearly as bad shape as we are in.

2. The only systems/plans that seem to work in today's NFL is find a ELITE QB, (not a journey man), and build a system around him and stick with it. That is the only formula that works. Whether it's Indy, the Pats, Big Ben and the Steelers, or GB, the only consistant winners are Franchise QB + Same offensive system = consistant winners.

3. With that being said I really don't care who you bring in. They are one or two years and DONE, until you get the franchise QB. All the other pieces can be filled in later. Find the QB, whether it's Luck, Barkley, RG3, Landry, or Weeden try em out and hope you hit the home run. If not keep trying until you do, but you can't start with second rate materials to make a masterpiece. Trade the draft, all your recievers, defense, half the cheerleaders, and all the parking attendants if you have to, but make no mistake we will the same thing we have been for the last 30 years until we get another QB. What good is draft picks if you are building around a failure.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Matt Moore. Love the pick up and think he has played very good football. But again that is not what it takes. In TODAYS NFL you have to have someone that can WIN GAMES. Not someone who just won't lose them. You won't be seeing any more teams like the Bucs where they had nothing but defesne to win a SB. Those days are long gone.

Find Franchise QB + Build a system around him. Keep it the same = consistant winner.

My oh my, how can so many people support keeping this guy? Congrats, he kept a locker room full of 0-7 players together. The problem is, he was the main reason we started the way we did. This conservative philosophy will not magically go away, it will continue to rear its ugly head late in games, and continue to bite us in the arse.

The playcalling has improved, but I feel this is because we got off to that awful start! He has had no choice but to be more aggressive and let loose. We never flew at the ball like we have these past few weeks! As soon as we get to next year, he'll go back to that tight, overdisciplined crap that will cause us to sputter out of the gates once again.

FIRE. Sparano. A classy, yet horrible coach.

He may be not coaching well, but the players love the guy and play their *** off for him. I blame this record on a short camp and no OTA's killed this team. I say he goes but Ross has to save face after the debacle last off season

There will be no one and i mean no one that will miss any of you fools if or when you jump ship.... just like other members said talk is cheap,and ill add no one cares too

Personnel has been a joke, refusing to draft a QB when we sorely have needed one and surrounding him with lackluster talent, so Ireland isn't doing his job.

Our coaching staff completely botched the treatment of Henne, sitting him, starting him, bringing in Pennington, actively pursuing other QBs this offseason...and I DON'T want that around a rookie QB...so coaching staff isn't doing its job.

Unfortunately, the one person who knows about football LESS than these two divisions is our owner, who leans heavily upon them and is afraid of any sort of PR blemish.

We are stuck. This is bad.

Fire sparano !

pure BS, you can't even read what was said so blinded by the sheer stupidity of some of these armchair gm's and QB's you just repeat what everybody else says. Find some new material instead of being a sheep

Personnel has been a joke, refusing to draft a QB when we sorely have needed one and surrounding him with lackluster talent, so Ireland isn't doing his job.

Our coaching staff completely botched the treatment of Henne, sitting him, starting him, bringing in Pennington, actively pursuing other QBs this offseason...and I DON'T want that around a rookie QB...so coaching staff isn't doing its job.

Unfortunately, the one person who knows about football LESS than these two divisions is our owner, who leans heavily upon them and is afraid of any sort of PR blemish.

We are stuck. This is bad.

our coaching staff knew we needed a QB but couldnt get one in the draft i bet we wouldev taken locker, newton, ponder.

at least they didnt get vince young and orton

Back
Top Bottom