***The Official Start Tua Week 1 Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Start Tua Week 1 Thread***

Starting a rookie QB, whose biggest question marks are health coming back from an injury usually seen in car accidents, behind an Oline that may have five starters that have never played together in a regular season game does not seem to be a wise, forward thinking strategy. There's plenty of game time in the 2nd half of the season, hopefully with a more stable Oline...assuming he's earned it.

I am so happy that none of the people who are agitating for Tua to start on day one are NFL coaches. Get a grip people. Not even Dan Marino started on day one.

I am so happy that none of the people who are agitating for Tua to start on day one are NFL coaches. Get a grip people. Not even Dan Marino started on day one.

I really don't think you can point at one player and say since they didn't start then someone else should or shouldn't start. Each situation is different. I personally believe he should start when the coaching staff feels he's ready to start. If he's ready week one than he should start week one. If he's not ready until week 10 than wait until week 10. To me it just doesn't make sense to say we think he's healthy and ready to play today but lets sit him 5 weeks because player x sat 5 weeks nearly 40 years ago and he turned out to be a good qb.

Well some very good QBs did start day 1. The issue is more Tua's specific situation than historical trends

if this were a regular offseason id think there was probably more of a chance he could start day one...but i think even if hes deemed 100% healthy and looks pretty good we still see fitz for the first couple of weeks at the very least....but like i said i cant wait to see tua on the field, this is his team now, he is the face of this franchise, he will be starting some point this year its just a matter of when

one thing for sure tho is the organization is gonna have a hell of alot of pressure on them from fans and the media about tua starting regardless but if fitzs starts hes gonna have to play lights out elite level football every play...every pick, every 3 and out, every bad throw there is going to be people chanting for and demanding tua...

miami hasnt had a true "star" player in the national spotlight since Ricky Williams and the hype around tua is huge and when his debut will be is gonna be a daily topic until he trots onto the field

I want Tua to start as soon as he can but not a moment sooner. I don’t want Finheaven posters who think they KNOW he can play but is being held back because of a love affair Brian Flores has with Fitz.

Finheaven is very predictable!

Sorry, I just don’t agree Tua should start week one. 2020 is just another rebuilding year and building a solid offensive line is far more important than starting Tua immediately. I will be happy to see the offensive line develop into a cohesive unit as the year goes along and perhaps Tua could start a game or two at the end of the year to prepare him to be the starter in 2021.
Patrick Mahomes only stated one game his first year in the league and it certainly didn’t hamper his development. The Chiefs also had a much better offensive line in Mahomes rookie season than the Dolphins have at this time.

one thing for sure tho is the organization is gonna have a hell of alot of pressure on them from fans and the media about tua starting regardless but if fitzs starts hes gonna have to play lights out elite level football every play...every pick, every 3 and out, every bad throw there is going to be people chanting for and demanding tua...

miami hasnt had a true "star" player in the national spotlight since Ricky Williams and the hype around tua is huge and when his debut will be is gonna be a daily topic until he trots onto the field
This is absolutely true.

Starting a rookie QB coming off a career-threatening injury... behind a collection of rookie and
journeymen linemen... on day 1???

This is the very definition of insanity.

Back
Top Bottom