The One Big Key To Today's Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The One Big Key To Today's Game

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
It cannot be overstated that the key to today’s game is pressure on Sam Darnold. A couple of hard take downs and the rookie will start getting happy feet and make mistakes. The key for that? Win 1st down and have Wake/Quinn in together on 2nd/3rd and long!

I don't think the Dolphins are as bad as Detroit. Not sure how a QB with so much potentials has regressed so much under a head coach from the Belicheat tree. The Jets will get a reality check today.

Bowles leans conservative as a coach. Probably even more so with a rook QB.

Unless we get up on them by a couple scores, he won't put a ton of pressure on his QB. He is not opposed to playing field position, and picking his spots.

Not even if they put a 3rd string TE on him.
That's just wrong bro. Harris is not a horrible player. It's not his fault if we over drafted him by a whole round. Bash the FO, not the player in this case. It's not Dion Jordan we are talking about here.

We have to put Tannehill into manageable 3rd down situations or it will get ugly. Hopefully Tunsil and James commit fewer penalties as well.

Over his career, on 3rd & 10+, Tannehill has a 0-13 TD-INT ratio and a 51.5 QB rating.

Of the 24 QBs w/ 150+ att. in that situation since 2012, nobody has a worse TD/INT, and only Bortles has a worse rating..

It cannot be overstated that the key to today’s game is pressure on Sam Darnold. A couple of hard take downs and the rookie will start getting happy feet and make mistakes. The key for that? Win 1st down and have Wake/Quinn in together on 2nd/3rd and long!

Jets will try to play power football and establish the run. If we stop the run we will get to SD and win easily.

IMO, today's game is on Gase. No flat performance. Be aggressive O and D. Take advantage of mismatches

IMO, today's game is on Gase. No flat performance. Be aggressive O and D. Take advantage of mismatches
What do you consider a "flat" performance?

To me, flat means uninspired, and emotionless. Basically, just going through the motions. I don't really blame Gase, other than he had input on the players they brought in.

I get that it is up to the coach to keep players focused, but these are highly paid professionals. They have to have pride, and a drive for excellence as individuals.

We have to put Tannehill into manageable 3rd down situations or it will get ugly. Hopefully Tunsil and James commit fewer penalties as well.

Over his career, on 3rd & 10+, Tannehill has a 0-13 TD-INT ratio and a 51.5 QB rating.

Of the 24 QBs w/ 150+ att. in that situation since 2012, nobody has a worse TD/INT, and only Bortles has a worse rating..
This seems like a pretty worthless stat to me... the odds of getting a TD on 3rd and 10 or more is pretty low.

Gotta disagree and go with protecting RT. With no sitton we’ve got a problem. If we can keep tannehill clean we win. If not it could be a long game.

Back
Top Bottom