The one millionth Feely thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The one millionth Feely thread

PhiNomina

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I don't like the deal for one reason.

The only thing anyone can say about Feely is that he wins games. No one seems to say he has a great arm or insticts or stats. Feidler had one of the best winning percentages in the league and we hate him.

So my question...if Feely comes in and puts up bad stats, still throws picks...aka plays like Feidler...but we win games as we are now...was this a good trade or not. I feel like we really are getting the same quarterback we already had. We did not pick up a dominant, franchise QB.

Of course, we'll eventually find out how good he is....but I'll bet he tourns out to be Jay Fiedler Jr.

but A.J. Feeley is younger, cheaper, bigger and has a stronger arm than Fiedler. - Dan Le Batard
Speaking on condition of anonymity, an NFL coach who has worked with Feeley believes he is ready to become a full-time starter even though he didn't take a snap last season while mired behind McNabb and Koy Detmer on Philadelphia's depth chart. In 2002, Feeley completed 55.8 percent of his passes (86 of 154) for 1,011 yards with six touchdowns and five interceptions.

"He's extremely accurate, throws a great deep ball, and he has great instincts and an innate ability to make quick decisions," the coach said. "If you go through those five games he started, it's kind of his style of play. Not making mistakes, and he made a handful of huge completions. He won some big games."
- from Alex Marvez' column
Here's a player who has started five NFL games -- a year ago. Who has a strong arm -- but not much experience. - Dave Hyde

I'll keep looking around. But Philly fans seem to echo this. He seems to have a good arm from what they say.

Back
Top Bottom