The Ones That Got Away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ones That Got Away

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Shirdonya Mitchell/CB/Missouri

Mitchell had been projected as high as a 4th-rounder until he injured his knee and tore both his ACL and LCL during his Pro Day workout. A converted wide receiver, Mitchell had the added versatility of being a kick returner at Missouri. If he recovers fully, he is a speedy back who provides solid coverage, especially against the deep pass. But at best, he'll be practicing again at the end of August. More likely, he'll spend this year on injured reserve.

Where he landed: Miami, undrafted free agent, 2-year contract.

http://colts.scout.com/2/382004.html

I know, we got alot of undrafted free agents with tremendous upside.

Could end up being a McGahee type pickup. Stay on IR for a year and come to play the second year.

Yes, IN know McGahee would have been drafted much higher, and was actually taken on draft day, but you have to see a parallel there.

What do we have on that guy? Is it one of those Restricted Rights set up things? Those things rock.

Agua said:
What do we have on that guy? Is it one of those Restricted Rights set up things? Those things rock.
I could be wrong but if any of those guys get moved to the practice squad, they are up for grabs.

We should be putting him on IR not the practice squad.

I'm not clear on that practice squad thing. I thought I had read somewhere that anyone can be picked up from anyone else's practice squad if they're offered a contract. Is that right?

Agua said:

It's the same thing we did with Agunleye, a year on IR and then bring him up.

Agua said:
I'm not clear on that practice squad thing. I thought I had read somewhere that anyone can be picked up from anyone else's practice squad if they're offered a contract. Is that right?

Yep. As long as the PS player is signed to the active roster.

clownfish said:
Ogunleye....that punk!!!!!:fire::fire::fire:

It's a business, he gave us two good years for the one year we gave him..He prove his worth, and we decided not to reward him, he got it in chicago. Everyone's happy, we got Booker and a 3rd, who is now Crowder, a good replacement..I can take that.

phinMikeDC said:
Could end up being a McGahee type pickup. Stay on IR for a year and come to play the second year.

Yes, IN know McGahee would have been drafted much higher, and was actually taken on draft day, but you have to see a parallel there.

A better comparison would be Ogunleye. He was also an UDFA and sat out because of a knee injury only to be extremely productive later on...

Nasty

I was very high on Mitchell coming in to this last season @ Missouri. Just seeing him play you knew he was a burner before he ran a 4.34 40. Hes raw but he got good upside.

clownfish said:
Ogunleye....that punk!!!!!:fire::fire::fire:

What did he do to us? I don't blame him at all -- he got a boatload of money to go play elsewhere. We weren't prepared to sign him, nor should we have, for that kind of money. I think that he benefited from being opposite Taylor.

But good for him. Did you think that he was going to let his double digit signing bonus so that he could have the privilege and honor of playing for WANNSTEDT?

Back
Top Bottom