the only knock on Ronnie Brown....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only knock on Ronnie Brown.......

Jaj said:
Ronnie Brown is Deuce McAllister...

...except with more speed, better catching ability, and more blocking ability. That's where the LT comparisons have materialized.

I personally want Caddy for the mere fact that he has that vision and agility.

You see a lot of teams going to the smaller backs that have the agility and vision to make big plays happen. Keep in mind Auburn also used Cadillac alot in short yardage situations over Brown due to his body lean and ability to squeeze his body and make himself "small" to get through cracks in the defense.

I want to trade down to 7 and get Caddy for the Phins, but that's my personal opinion.

If your counting official times Deuce isn't slower than Ronnie.

Deuce McAllister | HB | Ole Miss | Southeastern Conference
Selected by New Orleans Saints in round 1, pick 23 (23 overall)
Height Weight 40 Grade
6'1 222 4.48 9.00

Andy Lyons/Allsport

McAllister is a tall, trim back with a long torso and is a patient, yet decisive runner who allows blocks to develop and doesn't waste time with unnecessary moves. He is a breakaway threat with good speed and was also a dynamic return man throughout his career. McAllister is an excellent receiver who was used out wide at times and runs solid routes. He plucks the ball effortlessly out of the air on swing passes and has very good openfield running ability after the catch.

Sound familiar?

DolphinDevil28 said:
...except with more speed, better catching ability, and more blocking ability. That's where the LT comparisons have materialized.

Well, Deuce was faster coming out college and was also considered the best receiving back in his class. Brown is a much better blocker though.

LT is unfounded IMO, the runner he compares to is Deuce himself IMO.

LT was much more of a slasher IMO and had much better cutback abilities.

Hey knight6jb, I know you've said all along that what scares you about Ronnie is his vision/cutback ability. And that's cool.

But just to throw it out there, here is what scares me about Caddy. Can he take the pounding of the NFL at 208 pounds? ...and yeah, I know, I know. Priest is 208, Emmit Smith was 209 and so on...
But each player is different. No two people's bodies are the same.

Plus, Caddy has had some durability concerns in the past. Can he stay healthy? He practiced all week of the Senior Bowl, but didn't play in the game because of an ankle.

Jaj said:
If your counting official times Deuce isn't slower than Ronnie.

Deuce McAllister | HB | Ole Miss | Southeastern Conference
Selected by New Orleans Saints in round 1, pick 23 (23 overall)
Height Weight 40 Grade
6'1 222 4.48 9.00

Andy Lyons/Allsport

McAllister is a tall, trim back with a long torso and is a patient, yet decisive runner who allows blocks to develop and doesn't waste time with unnecessary moves. He is a breakaway threat with good speed and was also a dynamic return man throughout his career. McAllister is an excellent receiver who was used out wide at times and runs solid routes. He plucks the ball effortlessly out of the air on swing passes and has very good openfield running ability after the catch.

Sound familiar?

Looks like you beat me to it ;p

I would say w/o the question of Cady's durability he may be the best RB prospect since Ricky. because h has every other facet you'd look for from a RB after showing solid hands at the senior week, school workout and combine position workouts

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey knight6jb, I know you've said all along that what scares you about Ronnie is his vision/cutback ability. And that's cool.

But just to throw it out there, here is what scares me about Caddy. Can he take the pounding of the NFL at 208 pounds? ...and yeah, I know, I know. Priest is 208, Emmit Smith was 209 and so on...

Plus, Caddy has had some durability concerns in the past. Can he stay healthy? He practiced all week of the Senior Bowl, but didn't play in the game because of an ankle.

I belive Caddy is up to 217 lbs now, he knew he had to add some muscle to his frame.

knight6jb said:
His vision and agility is wha scares me. If you look at all the great RB's in history then one thign they share is vision, Brown's isnt bad, but its far from great.

Nice clips Knight. Not only is Caddy elusive, he squeezes through the tiniest of holes and his punch power is very deceptive. He is not easy to take down.

DolphinDevil28 said:

He's at a built 217 right now which is around Edge's weight. He was VERY IMPRESSIVE in his agility drills, and that shows he hasn't gotten stiff from the extra weight.

It's pretty funny, because if you guys remember my big mock draft I made a couple of nights ago, you will remember I had Ronnie compared to Deuce McAllister.

Aaaaaallll I'm saying, is that I can SEE where the LT similarities come from. That's all.

I've always thought that Brown is a faster Deuce. (but has similar other skills to LT.)

DonShula84 said:
I belive Caddy is up to 217 lbs now, he knew he had to add some muscle to his frame.
yeah, I've seen that... he'll probably add some more with NFL strength and conditioning.

I've got the same concerns with Alex Smith. He has nice size on paper, but he looks really thin. But I guess they'll bulk up a bit.

From what I saw of Cadillac when he was running his 40, his weight is LEGIT.

He looked quite a bit stronger. He's a very powerfully built RB, but he's a thinner RB.

He's not low like L.T., but he avoids tackles by playing with outstanding body control when he slips off tackles.

I want smith, but the RB I'd take is Cadillac.

Back
Top Bottom