The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality!

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Reality and our expectations as fans may not meet at the necessary point this year. I am lowering my expectations, as a coping mechanism, and anything above those expectations will be a nice surprise. I expect issues with a new coaching staff/communication, a new system, and team chemistry to be as much an issue as Feeley or Williams. It just makes common sense that such adjustments will make it difficult for this team to perform much better than last year. Maybe 6 to 8 wins. Anything above that would be nice fantasy. I have hope, but tempered with reality.

Lee2000 Blinking Lights And Other Revelations

p.s., for those of you who do not want someone to speak all-inclusive I will re-phrase my title; my expectations and reality versus ours ....

I've been trying to be as realistic as possible. I'm thinking it is realistic to be predicting that we'll be in the range of 7-9 wins this season. That's what I've been saying all along. And I agree anything above that would be a nice ADDED BONUS. I think I've done a good job not setting myself up with high expectations incase there's a downfall.

Lee2000 said:
Reality and our expectations as fans may not meet at the necessary point this year. I am lowering my expectations, as a coping mechanism, and anything above those expectations will be a nice surprise. I expect issues with a new coaching staff/communication, a new system, and team chemistry to be as much an issue as Feeley or Williams. It just makes common sense that such adjustments will make it difficult for this team to perform much better than last year. Maybe 6 to 8 wins. Anything above that would be nice fantasy. I have hope, but tempered with reality.

p.s., for those of you who do not want someone to speak all-inclusive I will re-phrase my title; my expectations and reality versus ours ....

There's just enough question marks to temper my enthusiasium, but enough talent to keep me glue to the seat for games..it should be an interesting year. The places I expect to have break downs won't disappoint me as much knowing going in. I'm hoping for some pleasant suprises..but my feet on defintely on the ground.

• [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Saban: Expectations lead to Frustration. We are focusing on one play at a time. You don't think about a planting a flag at the top of the mountain while your standing in base camp.

[/size][/font]

I've always stated we will finish about 6-10. Moderate improvement and a shot at one of the 4 premier LT's in next years draft :)

thedayafter said:
  • [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Saban: Expectations lead to Frustration. We are focusing on one play at a time. You don't think about a planting a flag at the top of the mountain while your standing in base camp.

[/size][/font]

Nice quote. Ive got a good feeling about them this year but im not making any predictions.

Since 2000 17 teams with losing records from the previous year made the play-offs the following year....

thedayafter said:

[/size][/font]
Well said. Great quote.

painnotpleasure said:
I've been trying to be as realistic as possible. I'm thinking it is realistic to be predicting that we'll be in the range of 7-9 wins this season. That's what I've been saying all along. And I agree anything above that would be a nice ADDED BONUS. I think I've done a good job not setting myself up with high expectations incase there's a downfall.
:yeahthat: :up:

Lee2000 said:

Thank you Lee; this is one of a scarce few threads worth a damn in the last few weeks.

Nice quote there; sums it up!

thedayafter said:

[/size][/font]

that about sums it up there; nice quote thread!

Lee2000

Lee2000 said:

I lowered my expectaions to the basement last year when Ricky split on us and hoped that we would suck so bad we would get the #1 overall pick during this last draft. Ha! The only game that pissed me off was when we beat the niners. Ha! Now I am just cruising along, expectations rising daily (as they do every year) but now I'm older, some would say wiser, and I am ready to say for the first time in my life: I would be happy if we went 8-8.

Getting there is half the fun. Watching this team be great in the early 70's, remain at a very high level (although just short of greatness) throughout the 80's and 90's, seeing it crash and burn, and now watching it rebuild is the complete fan experience; a great emotional roller coaster to ride. Just think; we could be Cardinals or Lions fans. No insult intended.

These guys just may surprise us all. They may be the Cinderella team of the new century. Speculating and talking about it is great fun. I guess that's why we're all here...

Bottom line, doesn't really matter how many games they win this year. I expect to get a charge out of watching them now that the witches are all dead.

GO FINS!!!

cdz12250 said:
Getting there is half the fun. Watching this team be great in the early 70's, remain at a very high level (although just short of greatness) throughout the 80's and 90's, seeing it crash and burn, and now watching it rebuild is the complete fan experience; a great emotional roller coaster to ride. Just think; we could be Cardinals or Lions fans. No insult intended.

These guys just may surprise us all. They may be the Cinderella team of the new century. Speculating and talking about it is great fun. I guess that's why we're all here...

Bottom line, doesn't really matter how many games they win this year. I expect to get a charge out of watching them now that the witches are all dead.

GO FINS!!!

That was better than a motivational speech from Matt Foley!

Back
Top Bottom