the only thing that seperates fins def and the bucs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only thing that seperates fins def and the bucs

You people are nuts. Our defense has given up nearly 800 yards in passing in two games and you think wea re almost a sgood as the Bucs???

They get pressure on the QB constantly, we get none. They have great coverage, we have big holes in the zones, we miss tackles , they cause many turnovers per game and we have one in two.

Talent wise we may be competitive with them at best. Execution wise they are very superior.

Originally posted by fin-atic
You people are nuts. Our defense has given up nearly 800 yards in passing in two games and you think wea re almost a sgood as the Bucs???

They get pressure on the QB constantly, we get none. They have great coverage, we have big holes in the zones, we miss tackles , they cause many turnovers per game and we have one in two.

Talent wise we may be competitive with them at best. Execution wise they are very superior.

Sounds to me like coaching, sounds like Kiffin is a guy that stresses fundamentals, Bates does not, your the one who's nuts.
Do you think the Bucs would be so good with Bates? Get real, it ain't the arrow it's the ingin, we need better coaching someone to mix things up we come out with the same D the reason the fans bust the players because thats what they see the players play what they are told to play by the coaches. When a team lines up against the fins and know where the holes in the D will be all they have to do is get to the hole. How is that the players fault? BTW we are 1-1 just like the Bucs, That great Bucs D lost at home to the Panthers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Sounds to me like coaching, sounds like Kiffin is a guy that stresses fundamentals, Bates does not, your the one who's nuts.
Do you think the Bucs would be so good with Bates? Get real, it ain't the arrow it's the ingin, we need better coaching someone to mix things up we come out with the same D the reason the fans bust the players because thats what they see the players play what they are told to play by the coaches. When a team lines up against the fins and know where the holes in the D will be all they have to do is get to the hole. How is that the players fault? BTW we are 1-1 just like the Bucs, That great Bucs D lost at home to the Panthers.

So the players are blameless??

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by phinphan

So the players are blameless??

:rolleyes:

Who said that? I just said our D (player personnel) is just as good as the Bucs
I guess you think Bates is just as good as Kiffin? And the players are keeping Bates from being a great DC? I will Place 90% of the Blame on Bates.

How 'bout hitting and tackling...

Seems to me the difference between the Bucs D and ours is that they can friggin' tackle and they like to hit!!! Too many guys on our D don't tackle very well and a few guys there are just plain afraid to hit (does the name Madison ring any bells)..

Re: How 'bout hitting and tackling...

Originally posted by Phins4Ever
Seems to me the difference between the Bucs D and ours is that they can friggin' tackle and they like to hit!!! Too many guys on our D don't tackle very well and a few guys there are just plain afraid to hit (does the name Madison ring any bells)..

Look up the word fundamentals in the dictionary and read the definition you will see that teaching and stressing this is the job of the coaches. I don't care how long a player has been in the league, it's the first and last thing a coach should teach.... "technique" yes the players are to blame,but give them some new schemes and the ability to suprise the other team and we will look like a new team. None the less, we have only givin' up two TD's in eight quarters not bad. Both were on long play's.

After two games the difference is...... damn sorry, I can't compare . You D has been shreded by Vinny "where's my walker" testaverde. Although the bucs lost, that's their O and special teams fault. They pretty much contained the Panthers O into kicking field goals.

The only difference is .... hmmmm .... the bucs are a proven D, the fish D has a lot of if's and but's.

Back
Top Bottom