The only thing we should be worrying about..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The only thing we should be worrying about.....

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The only thing we should be worryin about this offseason is how the Oline comes together. THATS IT!! We don't need a superstar QB. We need someone to simply get the job done. Look at the league as it is now, u have good QBs with no supporting cast and they bomb, then give a mediocre QB some people to work with and they can reach the superbowl (ex. Jake Delhomme). If you look at the panthers last year they aren't much different than us. Good #1 receiver Steve Smith (Chris Chambers), Great RB Stephen Davis (Ricky is alot better back), superior defense w/ a great D-line (just like us). The only area where they were alot better was at the O-line. Lets all not forget the person who makes our team what it is, and thats Ricky. Give the man the smallest of a seam (and not let people nail him in the backfield), I dont care if there are 9 guys in the box, give him an inch at the line and the man can take over a game, hes our workhorse. The offense revolves around him. All our offense needs is improved OLINE play and a QB to play at the level of jake delhomme or trent dilfer, not at the level of marino or elway. History in the NFL has shown us that its all about the Oline, without them we fail. So lets all quit wondering if AJ Feeley is the messiah or not, cuz if our OLINE works out we can make it to the Superbowl even with Jay Fiedler runnin the show.

I agree totaly that it all STARTS with the O-LINE. However, it ENDS with the D-Line! If the O-Line come through, which I see no reason why not with all that beef in front of Ricky. The D-Line has to play big this year. Our LB's are our week spot on D, with Zach lossing a few steps and Seau not getting any younger. The D-Line has to play big to protect thoes guys so they are not so torn down by the end of the year.

We've always had a good D-Line in Miami. The O-Line is the question mark. We haven't had a good #2 WR since CC has been in Miami, and I think with the addition of Boston as the 1/2 WR, he'll give Fiedler/Feeley a viable 2nd option. I feel we can't totally judge Fiedler's past due to his lack of supporting cast. If he starts this year and doesn't get it done again, its time to kick his ashe to the curb..

Tybless, awesome sig there very creative!! took me a sec to figure it out, but thats very nice and unique!!

Thank you Suave, your's is even hotter with CC doing one his one of a kind breath taking catches.. Not to mention the dime in the avatar...Jeez..

Another good point by thundercane.. Even more reason to finish these negotiations with Wale to create the normal (awesome) depth at D-Line we've enjoyed since the JJ era..

Am I the only one who wishes he (JJ) came back and demoted Wanny to Special Teams Coach?

WharfRat said:
Yo Suave!!

Where ya been brotha? :cooldude:

Been a bit hectic 2 months, lacerated my finger to the bone a month and a half ago, (its still attached, whew!!) STILL house hunting here (might just fudge it and go FL lol) and workin on a new blonde hottie :D (hopefully)

but i'll start posting more now since i can type more now lol :goof:

TyBless said:
Thank you Suave, your's is even hotter with CC doing one his one of a kind breath taking catches.. Not to mention the dime in the avatar...Jeez..

Another good point by thundercane.. Even more reason to finish these negotiations with Wale to create the normal (awesome) depth at D-Line we've enjoyed since the JJ era..

Am I the only one who wishes he (JJ) came back and demoted Wanny to Special Teams Coach?

I have to thank TerryTate for the sig :cooldude: the Avatar is my own personal hunny though :D we look forward to your posts here Ty, welcome to the family!

NJPHIN34 said:
The only thing we should be worryin about this offseason is how the Oline comes together. THATS IT!! We don't need a superstar QB. We need someone to simply get the <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> done. Look at the league as it is now, u have good QBs with no supporting cast and they bomb, then give a mediocre QB some people to work with and they can reach the superbowl (ex. Jake Delhomme). If you look at the panthers last year they aren't much different than us. Good #1 receiver Steve Smith (Chris Chambers), Great RB Stephen Davis (Ricky is alot better back), superior defense w/ a great D-line (just like us). The only area where they were alot better was at the O-line. Lets all not forget the person who makes our team what it is, and thats Ricky. Give the man the smallest of a seam (and not let people nail him in the backfield), I dont care if there are 9 guys in the box, give him an inch at the line and the man can take over a game, hes our workhorse. The offense revolves around him. All our offense needs is improved OLINE play and a QB to play at the level of jake delhomme or trent dilfer, not at the level of marino or elway. History in the NFL has shown us that its all about the Oline, without them we fail. So lets all quit wondering if AJ Feeley is the messiah or not, cuz if our OLINE works out we can make it to the Superbowl even with Jay Fiedler runnin the show.

Excellent post and very true. If our oline steps up then even Jay would look good. PLus Jeno is very nasty hopefully he can get some of his attitude to all the other ol-men

Back
Top Bottom