22. Shemar Jean-Charles / App. St. / 5'11", 190

23. Isaiah Dunn / Oregon St. / 6’0”, 191

24. K.J. Sails / USF / 5’11”, 175

25. Dicaprio Bootle / Nebraska / 5’10”, 195

26. Avery Williams / Boise St. / 5’9”, 198

27. A.J. Parker / Kansas St. / 5’11”, 178

28. Shaun Crawford / Notre Dame / 5’9”, 180

Last edited:
I watched the All-22 of Ohio State's offense vs. Penn State and the interesting thing I took from it, aside from that Chris Olave is pretty good, is that CB Tarik Castro-Fields was the only guy who could keep up with him, and looked genuinely pretty good.

What do you think of D.J. Daniel?

I watched a bunch of All-22 of Georgia from 2019 and I gotta be honest, Eric Stokes looks horrid, and Tyson Campbell didn't look much better. The guy it looked like you could trust to stay tight with receiver was Daniel. He trusts his speed, he seems to have good hips, and he's feisty.

But I heard he imploded in 2020. Didn't see much of him on Georgia's 2020 tape. Just more of Stokes and Campbell getting beaten.

That’s pretty much the gist of it. Although I usually like to say you can throw out the film for the most part when it comes to big time college CB prospects. It’s all about the tools: speed, hips, length.

Marlon Humphrey stayed burnt his entire career at Alabama. So did Eddie Jackson until he moved to safety to take over for Minkah. They turned out ok.

C.J. Henderson stayed burnt a lot too, particularly against teams like LSU. Jaylon Johnson stayed burnt especially against teams like USC.

Harrison Hand at Baylor/Temple. The list just goes on and on. Then you look at a kid like Noah Igbinoghene that had some of the best and most consistent film against elite receivers I’ve seen in years, and he struggled all the way through his rookie season.

Dee Milliner and Morris Claiborne are two more that had incredibly consistent film.

With the rules slanted in favor of offenses the way they are in college football, I think DB’s have to cover longer than they do in the NFL. You’re just more required to have the tools to play between the numbers and sideline to succeed in the NFL. You’ll have a lot more time at your disposal to really study routes and learn your craft at the next level than you do in college.

Cornerback is one of the most difficult projections on the defensive side of the ball in my opinion if you base it off film. There’s so many little nuances that you learn in the NFL to give yourself chances to make plays on the football in man coverage. If you watch a guy like X. Howard closely, I think he does a lot of things technique wise that are just so smart. It’s why he gives himself so many shots at interceptions. But you need a certain set of tools to really maximize it.

All of UGA’s DB’s have those tools to different degrees. Campbell in particular is just very raw. He’s missed a significant amount of big time SEC game experience due to injury throughout his career. Just hasn’t played a whole lot of football yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom